Windows 10: Unable to set up fingerprint on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to set up fingerprint on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Every time when I am trying to set up my fingerprint, it shows like below. [ATTACH] I've tried to uninstall and re-install the driver but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Koishi_Jinguuji, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Unable to set up fingerprint on Windows 10

Unable to set up fingerprint on Windows 10 f62325a2-49da-435a-9112-ddc990202ea4?upload=true.png Every time when I am trying to set up my fingerprint, it shows like below.

Unable to set up fingerprint on Windows 10 3a3a9737-2e39-436c-abc7-b17e5941fe7a?upload=true.png

I've tried to uninstall and re-install the driver but still it doesn't work.

:)

Koishi_Jinguuji, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Unable to set up fingerprint on Windows 10 fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to use Fingerprint Reader

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint on your HP ProBook 6470b. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What happens when you try to setup fingerprint?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?
    • Were you able to use fingerprint on your computer earlier?

I would suggest you to refer the section Setting up a fingerprint reader from the HP article

HP PCs - Set Up Sign-in Options for Windows Hello (Windows 10)

For additional information, see Windows 10 sign-in options and privacy
    and Learn about Windows Hello and set it up.

Please reply with more information on the issue to help you further with the issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Unable to set up fingerprint on Windows 10

Unable to use Fingerprint Reader

Thank you for your concern, i tried the method you gave but it didn't work. The error i get is 'we couldn't find a hardware compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

victormwangi2, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Unable to set up fingerprint on Windows 10

1. Unable to set up fingerprint on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable set fingerprint

2. Fingerprint set-up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint set-up Windows 11: When I attempted to set up the fingerprint I get through the first part without any problems. It is when you have to change the angle of the fingerprint that it does not recognize any identifiable information or record an update the progress of reading the fingerprint. What...
  3. Fingerprint set-up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint set-up Windows 11: When I attempted to set up the fingerprint I get through the first part without any problems. It is when you have to change the angle of the fingerprint that it does not recognize any identifiable information or record an update the progress of reading the fingerprint. What...
  4. Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint: I am trying to get my fingerprint sensor back to working on my Dell XPS 15 7590, but Windows will not allow me to do so. I believe the issue comes from the PIN setup not working properly. When I go to settings>sign-in options and click Windows Hello PIN, the only option is...
  5. Unable to set up windows hello face and fingerprint.

Unable to set up windows hello face and fingerprint.: Recently purchased Dell Inspiron 5593, I am unable to set up windows hello face and fingerprint. It says " We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face. [ATTACH]...
  6. Biometrics fingerprint set up windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Biometrics fingerprint set up windows 10: When I was going to set a fingerprint lock on Windows 10 it didn't work. It looks like the image below. Now I need your help with how I can set it up. I'm using the xps m1530 laptop.[IMG]...
  7. Unable to set up windows hello fingerprint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to set up windows hello fingerprint: Hi, as seen from the picture it says that windows hello fingerprint is unavailable and I am currently using a Lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon 7th gen. Any idea how to fix this problem? [ATTACH]...
  8. fingerprint set up

fingerprint set up: I want to set up my fingerprint PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/8ddd26b0-a0c3-4ddb-9602-3a2329dd7e63
  9. Fingerprint set up

Fingerprint set up: Cannot find fingerprint set up in sign in option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/9493b37d-a99a-4449-824d-f97538b4579c
  10. fingerprint set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint set up: in my laptop asus x507ma fingerprint sign in option not displaying how it set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/01953d27-1c1f-4bf0-872b-744426d91dab"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to add fingerprint windows 10 dell