Windows 10: unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app

Discus and support unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Unable to set up my gmail account within Mail app, keep getting error code 0x8000000b , I am clueless as to what might be the reason for this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GiantDwarf1986, Sep 27, 2018.

1. unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app

Hi,

Unable to set up my gmail account within Mail app, keep getting error code 0x8000000b ,

I am clueless as to what might be the reason for this,

Ideas anyone?

unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app 1d726b7c-f231-4999-96cb-3f90a4580f0c?upload=true.png

:)

GiantDwarf1986, Sep 27, 2018

2. W10 Mail App - unable to add Gmail account

Hi Eric,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

To solve this problem, you have to make sure that your Google account is connected to your Windows 10 computer. Here’s how to do that:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account.
    • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account.
    • Make sure that Windows is on the list.
    After you make sure that your Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account, and hopefully, everything might work fine. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you
    need to enable IMAP usage in your Google account. Follow the below steps:

• Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes
    After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email.
    • Fill in the details like this:
      • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
      • Your Name: {your name like “Eric”}
      • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
      • Account Type: IMAP4
      • User name: {your gmail address}
      • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
      • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
      • All checkboxes checked.
    • Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account, and it should work.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 27, 2018
  3. 10win10 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, Sep 27, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app

Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

Where did you get that message about mail app isn't supported? And to create application password? Can you post a picture of it?

I'm using gmail account in Mail app with two step verification and all I had to do was confirm password and second step verification.. All went smooth, and I'm getting mails in multiple Windows PCs and phone.

AndreTen, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app

1. unable to set up gmail account within Microsoft Mail app - Similar Threads - unable set gmail

2. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  3. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  4. Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10

Failed to set up Gmail in Mail app windows 10: The error pops up telling "something went wrong" with code 0x80070490.The problem is I found the way to fix it, and it worked. But then I had to reset my PC so the problem happens again while I dont remember the solution that I applied.I tried to memorize it but really can...
  5. Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.

Unable to add Gmail, or Yahoo accounts to the Windows Mail app.: I've updated to the latest Windows 10, updated the Windows Store, and all the apps, restarted several times but still have the problem, my two outlook.com accounts add just fine, but getting errors codes 0x80070490, and 0x80191019a when trying to add Gmail, and Yahoo...
  6. Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app

Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app: New HP laptop, first use. But long time Windows user. Hotmail email account set up no problem. Unable to add gmail account without getting an error code 0x80070490. Have tried to restart the app and reinstall. Have also tried all the suggestions on this question...
  7. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...
  8. Mail app not loggin to gmail account.

Mail app not loggin to gmail account.: In mail I am unable to open Gmail account as every time Mail is opened its asking to link account, but in Settings - Email & Accounts - account used by email, calendar and contacts my Gmail account is displayed as linked. Pls suggest how to get Mail app working again....
  9. Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app

Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app: I definitely used to have focused inbox support for my gmail accounts within the Windows 10 mail app. After having to reset my Windows Mail app, I no longer have the option to toggle focused inbox on my gmail accounts. Is there something I can do to fix this issue? I use...
  10. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to set email in mail app error: update password or give the account permission to sync this device

2. when ever i put google email in email and account an error 0x8000000b is showing microsoft

3. trying to sync office to phone says unable to set up accoont

4. unable to set up mail app microsoft,
  5. email error code setting up la tech gmail email,
  6. gmail account unable to add on microsoft mailbox,
  7. microsoft mail error 0x8000000b,
  8. setting up gmail on mail 0x8000000b,
  9. microsoft account add error 0x8000000b,
  10. microsoft email google account error 0x8000000b,
  11. setting up gmail account error 0x8000000b,
  12. microsoft mail adding account error 0x8000000b,
  13. i cant set up my email on windows 10,
  14. gmail in windows mail,