Windows 10: Unable to set up home group network

Discus and support Unable to set up home group network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I go to the Control Panel, then Network and Internet, then Changing Advance Sharing Settings, then Guest or Public. Here I switch all the parameters on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windows Category - All, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Unable to set up home group network

I go to the Control Panel, then Network and Internet, then Changing Advance Sharing Settings, then Guest or Public. Here I switch all the parameters on and click Save. But when I boot the next time, all these parameters are disabled again

:)

Windows Category - All, Mar 7, 2020

2. Unable to Connect Home Group In windows 10

Unable to Connect Home Group In windows 10 I have already tried these all step:

Step :1

• Navigate C:\Windows\ServiceProfile\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\ PeerNetworking

• Delete idstore.sst from all computers.

• Uninstall all security software (anti-virus) from all computers.

• Leave the main computer turned on and tuned off all other computer who are on available to Join.

• Now Create HomeGroup on Main Computer and tried to join homegroup with other computers.

Step : 2 You will need to make sure to have these
    Services set as below. They are by default.

• DNS Client - Started and Automatic
    • Function Discovery Provider Host - Started and Manual
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication - Started and Automatic
    • HomeGroup Listener - Started and Manual
    • HomeGroup Provider - Started and Manual
    • Network List Service - Started and Manual
    • Peer Networking Grouping - Started and Manual
    • Server - Started and Automatic
    • SSDP Discovery - Started and Manual
    UPnP Device Host - Started and Manual

Step :3

Homegroup - Add Computer or Join - Windows 7 Help Forums

Sometimes the registry setting does not get updated even though you enable IPv6 via the GUI interface here. You can check the setting in the registry (regedit) by going to the key location below:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters

In the right pane, right-click on DisabledComponents and select
    Modify. Make sure the value is set to 0.

Kinley let me know any other step do no suggest same step.

Thanks

Sam Stanzin, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to join Home group in Windows 10

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the updates. I suggest you to stop and start the services for Peer Networking and check if it helps.

Three particular Windows services manage peer-to-peer networking, and all computers in you are trying to connect should have the same settings in order to reduce error messages and connection problems.

Step 1: Stop the services.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Do the same for Peer Networking Group
      and Peer Networking Identity Manager.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol
      service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Do the same for Peer Networking Group
      and Peer Networking Identity Manager.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Unable to set up home group network

How to set up wireless network connection?

Hello everyone...

I want to connect wireless network connection to my laptop. But I don't know why I am unable to do it.. I am getting some error. I think some configuration setting kind of error. Can you please provide me some steps so that I can get my work done.
    Thankx!!

ashleysimpson052, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Unable to set up home group network

1. Unable to set up home group network - Similar Threads - Unable set home

2. Setting up home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up home network.: What are my network credentials? I put in mu usual password, but get the message that it's incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-home-network/9c7ab2d6-c2c4-4359-a988-9eb7e23e7d6f
  3. Setting up home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up home network.: What are my network credentials? I put in mu usual password, but get the message that it's incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-home-network/9c7ab2d6-c2c4-4359-a988-9eb7e23e7d6f
  4. Setting up a Home Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up a Home Network: Hi,I reset my PC and reinstalled Windows.Now I am trying to set my PC home network to my old Network name.How do I do that?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-home-network/90c4d0e0-6c5c-4b36-a1ef-65b81a76c2eb
  5. Setting up a Home Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a Home Network: Hi,I reset my PC and reinstalled Windows.Now I am trying to set my PC home network to my old Network name.How do I do that?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-home-network/90c4d0e0-6c5c-4b36-a1ef-65b81a76c2eb
  6. Setting up a Home Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Setting up a Home Network??!

Setting up a Home Network??!: Hello we've been tyring to set up a home network to share files between 2 PC using the router. So far we have no luck. I can see my pc but i can see the 2nd one. I can't seem to find any clear help or step by step on how to do this. Or maybe i did a bad research. But we did...
  8. Home group/network sharing

Home group/network sharing: I have a Desktop with Windows 7 and a Laptop with Windows 10. At an earlier date I was able to share files with both by turning on Home Group on Windows 7 and sharing folders in Network Sharing on my Laptop. I have since had to reinstall my Windows 10 on my Laptop; and...
  9. Setting up groups

Setting up groups: I need to set up groups in my e-mail. I've tried to follow the Help stuff on-line, but what it shows me the icon to click on, I do not have it. I do not see it anywhere....
  10. set up a home network

set up a home network: set up a home network,between window 7 and window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-a-home-network/04f22606-a921-469b-a5de-cd05ba9ced77

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 homegroup how