Windows 10: Unable to set-up pin after update

Discus and support Unable to set-up pin after update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently updated windows 10 and after that when I opened it my password was not there. There was a button saying "Sign in". So, I pressed it and it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by gyandeepishere, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Unable to set-up pin after update

I recently updated windows 10 and after that when I opened it my password was not there. There was a button saying "Sign in". So, I pressed it and it asked me for my account password. I entered the password and then it said me to set up a new pin. I clicked on the next button to set up a new pin. But then it showed an error saying "Windows isn't able to set up you pin. Please try again later"might have been a little different I don't exactly remember. Then I looked up on the internet and I found one article which said to delete the ngc folder. I didn't had another windows account to go ahead

:)

gyandeepishere, Jul 18, 2021

2. Unable to set up PIN

Hi,

There can be many reasons why you are unable to set up a PIN on your device. One of these is due to corrupted system files. For us to properly figure out what's causing this error, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • Have you made any relevant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried using another profile to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Unable to set PIN for log-in

Hi,

There is a possibility that this is due to . To properly isolate your issue, kindly verify the following:

• Did you encounter any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to troubleshoot the problem?
    • Which Windows 10 version/build is currently installed on your computer? To check, type
      winver in the search option.

In addition, you can try Jessen P's suggestion on this link
    to see if it will work for your issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Unable to set-up pin after update

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Unable to set-up pin after update

1. Unable to set-up pin after update - Similar Threads - Unable set pin

2. Unable to set up pin for window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set up pin for window 11: Hi i just buy the new laptop and while setting up for pin I can’t set up. It always come message like “weren’t able to set up pin you can try again or skip this step and set up pin later” after I click skip for now then I get back to Microsoft log in page. I don’t know about...
  3. Unable to set up a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set up a pin: When reinstalling Windows 10, I mistakenly used my gmail account as my user account instead of my @live.com account. Now whenever i try to set up a pin for windows, it tells me I'm unable to do it and to go to accounts.live.com on the browser. Please help me in getting to...
  4. Unable to set up a pin

Unable to set up a pin: When reinstalling Windows 10, I mistakenly used my gmail account as my user account instead of my @live.com account. Now whenever i try to set up a pin for windows, it tells me I'm unable to do it and to go to accounts.live.com on the browser. Please help me in getting to...
  5. Unable to set up a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. SET UP NEW PIN AFTER UPDATE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SET UP NEW PIN AFTER UPDATE PROBLEM: Last night before turning off my pc windows 11 i pressed update and shut down then went to bed. Next day i turn on my pc and it asks me to set up a new pin so i press it then it asks me to sign in to Microsoft. I put in my info but then it asks me to verify via a old number...
  7. SET UP NEW PIN AFTER UPDATE PROBLEM

SET UP NEW PIN AFTER UPDATE PROBLEM: Last night before turning off my pc windows 11 i pressed update and shut down then went to bed. Next day i turn on my pc and it asks me to set up a new pin so i press it then it asks me to sign in to Microsoft. I put in my info but then it asks me to verify via a old number...
  8. I'm unable to set up pin

I'm unable to set up pin: I used to sign into my computer with a password. My computer just updated and now it's asking me to sign in with a pin. I never created a pin. I click on I forgot my pin and it asked me to sign into the account. After I sign into my account, it ask me if I'm sure if I want to...
  9. I'm unable to set up pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'm unable to set up pin: I used to sign into my computer with a password. My computer just updated and now it's asking me to sign in with a pin. I never created a pin. I click on I forgot my pin and it asked me to sign into the account. After I sign into my account, it ask me if I'm sure if I want to...
  10. I'm unable to set up pin

in Windows 10 Gaming