Windows 10: Unable to set-up Windows hello

Discus and support Unable to set-up Windows hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to set up Windows Hello on my new HP Dragonfly Elite laptop. I have configured a PIN and both face recognition and fingerprint... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lennaert van den Brink, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Unable to set-up Windows hello

Hi,

I am trying to set up Windows Hello on my new HP Dragonfly Elite laptop. I have configured a PIN and both face recognition and fingerprint scanner. However, when I get to the lock screen I don't get the option to log in using either of the biometric options.

When I choose the option "different user" i can choose the biometric options, but it will tell me that my face is not enrolled.

I have tried the following:

* installing all windows updates

* removed biometric sign in options and re-added them

* Changed my PIN

* Enabled biometrics policies in the Group Policy Editor

* Checked for updates on biometric device drivers

* Checked if "AllowDomainPINLogon" registry setting is enabled it is

* Checked if my TPM is active it is

But still no luck. I am running out of ideas so I would appreciate any help or suggestions as to how to make this feature work.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Lennaert van den Brink, Jul 29, 2020

2. Set up Windows Hello

Hi Dileep,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to see Windows Hello. I will be glad to assist you with this.

This could because you have not set up your sign in option.

I would suggest you to refer to the link below for steps to set up your sign in options and check if it helps:

Get started with Windows Hello

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Windows-Sicherheit: Microsoft Defender Antivirus und mehr | Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Unable to set-up Windows hello

Unable to set up Windows Hello

Hi Daryl,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might occur if Windows Hello was set up with another account. You may get the error even if the account was removed from the computer, because removing account does not remove the profile, however deleting all previous Biometric entries
    from the computer should fix the issue. Please refer to Allan Mej’s suggestions, dated Feb 4th, 2019 on the thread:

Windows hello removal from an account I no longer have access
    to.

I would also suggest to check how many accounts are there on the computer.

• Open the Run widow by pressing the
      Windows
      key and the R key together.
    • Type NETPLWIZ and hit Enter to open the
      User Accounts window and see if any other account exists on the computer.

Hope it helps.

Feel free to contact back in case, you need any further assistance with this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to set-up Windows hello

1. Unable to set-up Windows hello - Similar Threads - Unable set hello

2. Unable to set up new Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set up new Windows Hello PIN: I am setting up a new HP Laptop.I turn it on and the initial screen appears. I click on the screen, and my login screen appears with my login ID and the option to sign in, which is the only option that appears. I click on Sign in, and the screen to enter my Microsoft Account...
  3. Unable to set up new Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set up new Windows Hello PIN: I am setting up a new HP Laptop.I turn it on and the initial screen appears. I click on the screen, and my login screen appears with my login ID and the option to sign in, which is the only option that appears. I click on Sign in, and the screen to enter my Microsoft Account...
  4. Unable to Set Up Windows Hello Face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Set Up Windows Hello Face: Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15, Windows 10 PC. I want to set up the Windows Hello Face, but it says, "This option is currently unavailable." Is the problem with my PC or do I need to get an update? Thank you!...
  5. Unable to set up Hello Face

Unable to set up Hello Face: I recently bought a HP Elitebook and I am unable to set up my Hello Face. I click on set up, it opens a window asks for my pin and then automatically closes and the cursor keeps loading....
  6. Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint

Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint: I am trying to get my fingerprint sensor back to working on my Dell XPS 15 7590, but Windows will not allow me to do so. I believe the issue comes from the PIN setup not working properly. When I go to settings>sign-in options and click Windows Hello PIN, the only option is...
  7. Unable to set up windows hello face and fingerprint.

Unable to set up windows hello face and fingerprint.: Recently purchased Dell Inspiron 5593, I am unable to set up windows hello face and fingerprint. It says " We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face. [ATTACH]...
  8. Unable to set up windows hello fingerprint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to set up windows hello fingerprint: Hi, as seen from the picture it says that windows hello fingerprint is unavailable and I am currently using a Lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon 7th gen. Any idea how to fix this problem? [ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to set up Windows Hello

Unable to set up Windows Hello: I try to set up windows hello on my account after creating a new Admin Account. Now it says that windows hello is set up on another account and that I need to remove it, although there are no other accounts on the PC. Is there any way to fix this problem? This question was...
  10. Unable to set up Windows Hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to set up Windows Hello: I have purchased Hp Pavillion x360 Convertible . I am unable setup Windows Hello. But my peer with same device is able to setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-set-up-windows-hello/7cb3d55a-7d68-4ef0-832a-9b2db3cdc220"