Windows 10: Unable to setup PIN and Fingerprint after a recent crash

Discus and support Unable to setup PIN and Fingerprint after a recent crash in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Recently my laptop crashed due to a game and I had to restart it multiple times to get out of the automatic diagnosis and open my laptop again. After... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jeevanreddy1, May 17, 2020.

1. Unable to setup PIN and Fingerprint after a recent crash

Recently my laptop crashed due to a game and I had to restart it multiple times to get out of the automatic diagnosis and open my laptop again. After which, I've not been able to use windows fingerprint and PIN to unlock my laptop. Tried resetting my windows and troubleshooting options. Still couldn't get it to work. Is there any way to fix these issues ?

:)

jeevanreddy1, May 17, 2020

2. Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Hey guys.

I got a new Lenovo X1 Yoga laptop with a fingerprint scanner, but for some reason Windows Hello won't set up. It worked initially, but I've had to do a few clean installs due to other problems and now it just
    doesn't function at all.

I click on set-up fingerprint. I then enter the fingerprint, and it asks for my windows password before asking me to setup a PIN code. When I enter the PIN code and press 'OK' nothing happens at all. I also
    tried try to do it on a fresh install of windows and it just says 'there was an error creating a pin code.'

I've looked everywhere for an answer to this, but can't find one. However, if I want to setup just a PIN without setting up the fingerprint it will let me. If I setup the PIN first and then go to setup fingerprint
    it wo't even show the fingerprint scanner after it asks for my PIN for confirmation.

Any suggestions or help are much appreciated! (I found that many people have this exact same problem with no solution yet)

Specs

Windows 10

i7, 8 GB RAM, etc..

Carlos A Mora, May 17, 2020
  3. ErinHIC Win User
    Unable to setup Fingerprint & PIN

I had to reset my YOGA 720 yesterday and now I can't set up the fingerprint reader and PIN. I begin the fingerprint scanner setup and when prompted to set up the PIN the screen resets itself and I'm back to Windows Hello settings. I try to setup the PIN
    directly from there and it doesn't open up a prompt.

ErinHIC, May 17, 2020
  4. Billy'M Win User

Unable to setup PIN and Fingerprint after a recent crash

Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Thanks for the tip. For clarity if others have this issue steps to resolve were as follows:

1. Remove old PIN and finger print from sign in settings

2. From BIOS change security chip from TPM to Intel PTY

3. From bios erase fingerprint data

4. Setup new pin and fingerprint from wondows hello, it is now working!

Billy'M, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Unable to setup PIN and Fingerprint after a recent crash

1. Unable to setup PIN and Fingerprint after a recent crash - Similar Threads - Unable setup PIN

2. Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin: Trying to setup fingerprint access. However, It keeps sending me in a loop asking for Windows Hello Pin. I type the PIN nothing happens. I used to have Windows PIN working. I needed to reset it after a MB replacement. I redownloaded all the drivers Tried SFC Re-installed...
  3. Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin: Trying to setup fingerprint access. However, It keeps sending me in a loop asking for Windows Hello Pin. I type the PIN nothing happens. I used to have Windows PIN working. I needed to reset it after a MB replacement. I redownloaded all the drivers Tried SFC Re-installed...
  4. Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Unable to setup my pin after it was reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to setup my pin after it was reset: I recently had my motherboard replaced and my account pin was reset. However, Due to my email being a college email, the computer is unable to access any links to set up my pin. How can I bypass this or create an account?...
  6. Unable to setup my pin after it was reset

Unable to setup my pin after it was reset: I recently had my motherboard replaced and my account pin was reset. However, Due to my email being a college email, the computer is unable to access any links to set up my pin. How can I bypass this or create an account?...
  7. Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup: Hi,Hope you are doing well.I would like to ask if you could help me with issue we are having with Windows Hello on Window 10. Fingerprint setup just gets removed after restart or after certain time passes on Laptop that uses domain accounts. It seems to be ok with local...
  8. Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup

Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup: Hi,Hope you are doing well.I would like to ask if you could help me with issue we are having with Windows Hello on Window 10. Fingerprint setup just gets removed after restart or after certain time passes on Laptop that uses domain accounts. It seems to be ok with local...
  9. Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup

10. Unable to setup a PIN

Unable to setup a PIN: I am trying to login to my laptop. I recently changed my pin and updated the fingerprint sensor. I locked my laptop and when I went to sign-in again, my fingertip sensor stopped working and I am now prompted to sign-in with my pin. To do so, I am prompted to login to my...