Windows 10: Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Discus and support Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have been trying to set up Hello for my grand daughter on my system. I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series. I added her account on my system, and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PaulaNees, Jan 18, 2019.

1. PaulaNees Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

I have been trying to set up Hello for my grand daughter on my system. I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series. I added her account on my system, and I can log into her account with her pin, but when I try to set up Hello, it says the pin is wrong. The Hello option keeps sending me messages, how do I either set up Hello, or stop the messages?

Regard,

Paula Nees

*** Modified tittle from: Microsoft Hello ***

:)

PaulaNees, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 18, 2019
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

I performed clean boot as suggested and it did not make any difference.

The PIN setup windows opened like before with no boxes to enter PIN.

Please suggest.

RajatPal7626, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

1. Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin - Similar Threads - Unable setup Hello

2. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  3. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  4. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hello PIN incorrect - it's not!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello PIN incorrect - it's not!: Hi thereI have Game Pass and my son wants to download games from microsoft store on his login so he can access them. We launch MS store and I try to log in to my MS account. I correctly enter password and then it forces me to enter PIN. It says is incorrect so we log out son...
  6. Hello PIN incorrect - it's not!

Hello PIN incorrect - it's not!: Hi thereI have Game Pass and my son wants to download games from microsoft store on his login so he can access them. We launch MS store and I try to log in to my MS account. I correctly enter password and then it forces me to enter PIN. It says is incorrect so we log out son...
  7. Hello Pin Setup

Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  8. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  9. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Unable to setup Hello pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to setup Hello pin: I am unable to setup the Hello Pin. It says there is an error with Microsoft Account. I tried all the links and solutions mentioned related to this issue but no luck!Could you please help me fix this. I am unable to open my laptop if I do not have internet access.Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. says windows hello pin invalid

2. windows hello setup pin incorrect

3. windows hello wrong pin

4. window hello setup error,
  5. microsoft hello cant turn on my camera