Windows 10: Unable to setup Windows Hello Error: Windows Hello is not available on your device

Discus and support Unable to setup Windows Hello Error: Windows Hello is not available on your device in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to set up a face recognition via windows hello but unfortunately it says that the face and fingerprint recognition is not available on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by James_katorse, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Unable to setup Windows Hello Error: Windows Hello is not available on your device

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a face recognition via windows hello but unfortunately it says that the face and fingerprint recognition is not available on this device.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

James

***Original title: HP Omen 17t***

:)

James_katorse, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jul 10, 2019
  3. windows Hello states it isn't available on this device

Hi Tom,

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if you are able to access Windows Hello.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the bio-metric finger print reader from Device Manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Right click on Bio-metric finger print reader, click on
      Properties
    • Go to Drivers tab, click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

For more information refer:
    Windows Hello and privacy: FAQ

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Windows Hello feature for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello Error: Windows Hello is not available on your device

Windows Hello Not Available

Hi,

Windows Hello allows you to login into your system by recognizing your fingerprint or your face or your iris rather than using a pin code or a password, provided that you have a webcam and a finger scanner that work.

If you’re having “Windows Hello isn’t available on this device.” in your Settings windows. We suggest to run through the settings of the sign-in options. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Update Your PC

First of all, make sure that you’ve installed any possible update that is available for Windows 10. See if you have needed patches installed:

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time. Click Update & security.
    • Click the Check for updates button. Install available updates found.

When you finish, move on to the second step.

Step 2: Enable Biometric from Administration

If you don’t have the administrator permission, you’re not likely to use Windows Hello on your PC. To fix it:

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
    • Follow the path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components. On the right side of the pane, double-click Allow the use of biometrics.
    • Click Enabled. Then click Apply and OK to save the change.
    • Reboot your computer and then move on to the next step.

Step 3: Update Your Fingerprint Device Driver

If your fingerprint device driver is outdated or faulty, you’ll find the hardware impossible to use. You can update the device driver to fix it.

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time, and click Device Manager.
    • Click the icon for Scan for hardware changes on the top bar.
    • Expand Biometric devices. Right-click the fingerprint sensor device that you have and click Uninstall.
    • You can choose to reboot your computer for Windows to help you locate the driver that it could find for your device. Or, as an alternative, you can choose to update the driver by yourself.
      Simply follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this link
      to update your drivers.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Unable to setup Windows Hello Error: Windows Hello is not available on your device

1. Unable to setup Windows Hello Error: Windows Hello is not available on your device - Similar Threads - Unable setup Hello

2. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  3. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  4. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to setup windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to setup windows hello: Hello, I recently had to remove my windows hello sign in options and change to a password since I needed to get my laptop set up by my school and after receiving it back I tried to re-setup the fingerprint sign in option but when I clicked on the sign in method it just showed...
  6. Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin: I have been trying to set up Hello for my grand daughter on my system. I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series. I added her account on my system, and I can log into her account with her pin, but when I try to set up Hello, it says the pin is wrong. The Hello option keeps...
  7. Windows Hello isn't Available on this device

Windows Hello isn't Available on this device: I though I could work around "Windows Hello isn't Available on this device" by getting a Finger Print Scanner, at first I had to install the drivers because the Finger Print Scanner didn't come with them. Driver I installed for the Finger print scanner First one listed....
  8. Windows Hello isn't available on this device.

Windows Hello isn't available on this device.: Hi i have a lenovo V330-15IKB and i can t use windows hello and i have a fingerprint reader . i tried a lot of ways to fix this problem ..everything is enabled but in device meneger at biometric it says This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the...
  9. windows hello isn't available in the device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows hello isn't available in the device: Hi All I have HP ELITEBOOK 8460 corei5 second generation laptop, And it have a biometric device in the lpatop, And I installed windows 10 pro but in settings, under the windows hello tab. it shows that WINDOWS HELLO ISN'T AVAILABLE IN THIS DEVICE That's why. And how I...
  10. Windows hello not is available on this device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hello not is available on this device.: Hello. I have a laptop Inspiron 5459, which in theory is compatible with the Windows application hello but there is no way to activate it. If someone knows a solution very grateful in advance. Best regards. 70805

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Omen 1VJ83EA#ABU biometric