Windows 10: Unable to setup Windows Hello Facial Recognition

Discus and support Unable to setup Windows Hello Facial Recognition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello! I am having trouble setting up windows hello face. I tried to set it up but it says 'couldn't turn on camera" I have disabled the camera and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChristopherEagleton, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Unable to setup Windows Hello Facial Recognition

Hello! I am having trouble setting up windows hello face. I tried to set it up but it says 'couldn't turn on camera" I have disabled the camera and have re enabled it and tried to update it but nothing works. I have an HP- laptop 14 dk0xxx. My computer supports windows face.

***Original title: Windows Hello Face Setup***

:)

ChristopherEagleton, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

facial recognition

Hi Dawn,

Based on the details you have provided, you can follow these steps to set a new scan for facial recognition:

• On the
      Start
      button, go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

• Under
      Windows Hello, choose
      camera setup option.

• Select
      Remove
      to delete or remove the previous facial recognition setup.

• To setup a new facial recognition setup, go to
      Set Up > Get Started.

• Follow the instructions to scan your face and click
      Finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 26, 2020
  3. TomP1985 Win User
    Windows Hello facial recognition setup problems - not saving

I have had a Surface Pro i7 for the past few months which has worked just fine. However, since installing the latest build (1709, 16299.19) Windows Hello hasn't worked correctly.

Initially, I got the error code 0x80070032 when trying to sign in with facial recognition or PIN. A quick search online suggested removing both facial recognition and PIN then going through the setup process again.

They both removed without a problem, however here's where I hit problems:

If I try to set up facial recognition, the process fails (with no warning message) once both facial recognition and PIN have been setup. Neither save, both act as if I haven't gone through the setup process.

If I set up a PIN before trying to set up facial recognition, the process for setting up facial recognition hangs once I enter my PIN - the camera never turns on.

I have tried deleting the folder C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ngc but this only allows the PIN to be saved correctly, not the facial recognition process. I have tried troubleshooting device and hardware, uninstalling the
    IR camera and other devices for Windows Hello etc, but nothing has worked.

Is there a way of deleting all cached facial recognition data to act as a factory reset, in the same way that deleting the above folder acts as a PIN reset?

(I should mention - I cannot setup a new account on this machine as it is a work account, but I do have admin rights).

Many thanks

TomP1985, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Unable to setup Windows Hello Facial Recognition

facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to setup Windows Hello Facial Recognition

1. Unable to setup Windows Hello Facial Recognition - Similar Threads - Unable setup Hello

2. Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11: I have windows 11 Dell laptop that is brand new, it has all the recent updates, but the option for facial recognition is not available. I tried to troubleshoot, and I reset camera settings, but there is no option to set it up to begin with....
  3. Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11: I have windows 11 Dell laptop that is brand new, it has all the recent updates, but the option for facial recognition is not available. I tried to troubleshoot, and I reset camera settings, but there is no option to set it up to begin with....
  4. cannot setup facial recognition windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot setup facial recognition windows Hello: HII have problem setup facial recognition windows Hello. I am using Windows 11 22H2 and all drivers are up to date. I need some ideas and suggestions what I can still check and try to solve the Windows Hello problem.I hope this event details is enough Faulting application...
  5. cannot setup facial recognition windows Hello

cannot setup facial recognition windows Hello: HII have problem setup facial recognition windows Hello. I am using Windows 11 22H2 and all drivers are up to date. I need some ideas and suggestions what I can still check and try to solve the Windows Hello problem.I hope this event details is enough Faulting application...
  6. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  7. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  8. Windows Hello Facial Recognition setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition setup: When setting up biometric readings on Windows Hello, the facial recognition will often not even begin to scan some users faces, and will just blankly display the cameras feed. It often works after a reset, so theres a fix. Im moreso asking if anyone knows as to why this...
  9. Windows Hello - camera incompatible with facial recognition setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello - camera incompatible with facial recognition setup: How do you update the drivers on the Windows 10 camera app so Windows Hello can be set up correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-camera-incompatible-with-facial/3420f283-704d-48bf-bb53-891dfbbebc2f
  10. Facial recognition setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial recognition setup: when I try to setup facial recognition on Windows Hello, camera comes on and I see my face but there is no button to have photo taken. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-setup/08fce71a-831b-4a33-8e9d-33f47af5c8b5