Windows 10: Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

Discus and support Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AlexandriaS, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me figure out where to go to set it up... I've tried to look up the answer online but I have not found a solution that works.

At first I thought I needed to install the HP Simple Pass, so I did that, but it only talks about passwords for websites... nothing about the computer log in...

Then I found that there's something called "Windows Hello" but there is no "Windows Hello" listed.

Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor [​IMG]

As you can see, there is no Windows Hello option. I don't know how to fix this so that I can use my fingerprint reader again.

***Original title: Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10***

:)

AlexandriaS, Nov 28, 2018

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Fingerprint sensor and Windows Hello

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

Provide more information to help you better:

1. What are the Windows updates installed on your device recently?

2. Did those updates installed successfully?

3. Are you using the fingerprint scanner externally or is it in-built?

4. What is the make and model of the computer?

Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

I suggest you to refer the Wiki article by Andre Da Costa on
    install the drivers.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the steps below and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.

• Click on Accounts.

• Go to Sign in options.

• The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.
    For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Try to navigate as mentioned below and check if you're able to setup the Windows Hello.

* Click Start

* Select Settings and navigate to Accounts /> Sing-In options /> Windows Hello

* Check whether you're able to make changes to the setting and setup Windows Hello there.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Thanks Scott for reply after 6 hour struggle I got my Windows hello back.it is showing fingerprint sign in option in Windows hello but when I setup fingerprint print sensor using Windows hello it gives error something went wrong try again setup .In device
    manager I checked my bio metric device status.it says it's properly working .Any solution for my problem?

ZahidHussain_210, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

1. Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor - Similar Threads - Unable setup Hello

2. Windows Hello fingerprint setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint setup: When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and try to set up fingerprint recognition, it says "Sorry, something went wrong." and asks me to go through the setup again. I am running Windows 11 22H2....
  3. Windows Hello fingerprint setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello fingerprint setup: When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and try to set up fingerprint recognition, it says "Sorry, something went wrong." and asks me to go through the setup again. I am running Windows 11 22H2....
  4. Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available: Good afternoon people!I have HP Elitebook 850 G5 i5 7th gen with latest windows and hardware updates. But I can't setup fingerprint sensor in sign in option. I included a pic of the system and have a biometric scanner gutter on the laptop body. Please help me solve this...
  5. Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available: Good afternoon people!I have HP Elitebook 850 G5 i5 7th gen with latest windows and hardware updates. But I can't setup fingerprint sensor in sign in option. I included a pic of the system and have a biometric scanner gutter on the laptop body. Please help me solve this...
  6. Windows hello fingerprint sensor not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint

Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi, I use Windows Hello Fingerprint to log into my laptop. Recently, whenever I put my finger on the scanner, it would say "Your PIN is required to sign in." I did some digging on the internet, and one source said that I should set Credential Manager vaultsvc to automatic....
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup: I recently got a new acer aspire 7 laptop with inbuilt fingerprint scanner in the trackpad And have been using it for 4 months now After updating to 20H2 update and signing in to my school provided microsoft account I dont seem to be able to use the fingerprint option. It...
  9. Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint: I am unable to use windows hello fingerprint after installing my new windows 10. I have checked every options and contacted to Microsoft support as well. It was working fine for couple of days after installing the Windows 10. See below for error code. [ATTACH]...
  10. windows hello / biometric fingerprint sensors

windows hello / biometric fingerprint sensors: My Windows was not getting the first update, due to which I updated the Windows 10 Pro offline, but now in settings, Windows hello and fingerprint sensor biometric service is not working in the account sign Please help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello says fingerprint sensor not available on device what to do

2. how to setup another finger reader on my lenovo c340

3. why cant i use the windows hellow fingerprint

4. unable to enable Windows hello fingerprint,
  5. why wont windows hello setup work,
  6. windows hello fingerprint setup error,
  7. I am unable to set my fingerprint,
  8. unable to setup fingerprint windows hello,
  9. windows hello setup touch the fingerprint sensor how long error,
  10. why my fingerprint sensor always saying setup fingerprint in hello,
  11. unable to setup fingerprint in windows hello