Windows 10: Unable to share drive: logon failure the user has not been granted....

Discus and support Unable to share drive: logon failure the user has not been granted.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Ten forums, At my work we have two PCs. When i select a disk drive (not C:\), right click -> Sharing -> Advanced sharing -> check "Share this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kyoobix, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Kyoobix Win User

Unable to share drive: logon failure the user has not been granted....

Hello Ten forums,

At my work we have two PCs. When i select a disk drive (not C:\), right click -> Sharing -> Advanced sharing -> check "Share this folder", my drive gets a network path as its supposed to. But when my colleauge tries to mount the path he get the errer.

"logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type"

When he does exactly the same on his PC, i can mount the drive right away.

So far the workaound has been for him to mount the drive using my credientials. It works, but it bothers me that I have to use this workaround.

Does anyone know why I can mount his drive and not the other way around...?

:)

Kyoobix, Oct 8, 2015

2. Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to post your query in TechNet Forums from the link provided below as they will be able to assist better regarding the issue.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be happy to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 8, 2015
  3. Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer (Read Below)

So, this is a common problem I guess, but I couldn't find an answer that can fix my problem.

I have found that this same message can mean that you cannot login into your account, but this is not it.

However, what I did is I lost the administrative privileges on my account and I do not have it, but another account has it (By the way, No one else uses this PC except me, so I know password and such stuff). The other account that has the privileges is not
    accessible, like I cannot log out, and then select to log in it (So it's existing, but "invisible").

I'm trying to get back the administrative privileges, and from what I've seen, NOTHING helped me.

So now, EVERY SINGLE THING (I made it with bold, cause its literal) that uses Administrator rights, asks me for the password, which I normally type in, but then it shows up the message "Logon Failure:...". This window that pops up, is the same
    window that asks you to click "YES" or "NO" when you start up administrator program, but now it asks for password.

And by Every Single Thing I mean:

Any Software that is set "Run as Administrator";

Command Prompt as Administrator (Normal one its working);

Command Prompt in Safe Mode, etc..

I've tried adding myself as Administrator in the CMD using different commands, but the ACCESS IS DENIED (Since i cant run CMD as Administrator)

I've also tried Restoring back my system, but doesn't work.

I DO KNOW THE PASSWORD THAT IT REQUIRES, BUT WHEN I TYPE IT IN, LOGON MESSAGE POPS UP.

Unable to share drive: logon failure the user has not been granted.... [​IMG]

Just for a good proof, this is a picture of the pop-up.

On the picture, I tried running Skype for example, and that is what shows up every time.

And I wrote the password, and that's what shows up.

Misho D. - IceColdDevil, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

Unable to share drive: logon failure the user has not been granted....

1. Unable to share drive: logon failure the user has not been granted.... - Similar Threads - Unable share drive

2. Unable to grant full control to the only user running windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to grant full control to the only user running windows 11: When going under advanced security properties and checking the box for either full control or write access to the only user on our new Dell windows 11 pc the following errors are displayed see attachment. The system advises that several files are in use and that write access...
  3. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer: I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I know the password is correct however when typed I receive the message "logon failure the user has not been granted the...
  4. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer: I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I know the password is correct however when typed I receive the message "logon failure the user has not been granted the...
  5. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Grant shared mailbox access to users from trusted forest

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grant shared mailbox access to users from trusted forest: Hi I am unable to grant shared mailbox access to users in another trusted forest. I've used the command "Add-MailboxPermission sharedmailboxalias -User "DomainA\UserA" -AccessRights FullAccess" but is getting the error "User or group wasn't found. Please make sure you've...
  7. File sharing - cannot grant logon type to WIFI computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing - cannot grant logon type to WIFI computer: Computer B can see Computer A shared folder in Network but cannot access the shared folder. The error msg is : Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at the computer. I went thru many step-by-step guidelines including the one suggested on...
  8. Unable to Share DVD Drives

Unable to Share DVD Drives: I set up a private home network last week between two desktop computers, and all of my selected folders have been shared successfully between the two, however both computers will not allow me access to the other's DVD drive. Everything with with them has been set up exactly...
  9. Microsoft One Drive - Financial Report has been shared with you

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft One Drive - Financial Report has been shared with you: I am receiving emails from OneDrive with my email address as the sender Suggesting that there is a Financial report attached asking me to open it. I do NOT use OneDrive, and I am afraid if I block it I would be blocking my own email address. Not sure what to do....
  10. User Not granted Permission Logon Error

User Not granted Permission Logon Error: I have 3 PC's and one netbook all running Windows 10 Home. All PC's were upgraded from Windows 8.1 and the Netbook was upgraded from Windows 7. Before the Win 10 upgrades, all computers could see each other and share files within the network here at home. None require...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 share folder Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer