Windows 10: Unable to share drives using Ethernet

Discus and support Unable to share drives using Ethernet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I connected my desktop and laptop using Ethernet cable and try to share hard drive. On the laptop I can see hard drives connected to the desktop. But I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JavierLynch, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Unable to share drives using Ethernet

I connected my desktop and laptop using Ethernet cable and try to share hard drive. On the laptop I can see hard drives connected to the desktop. But I cannot see the drives connected to the laptop from the desktop.

:)

JavierLynch, Feb 6, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 6, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to share drives using Ethernet

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Unable to share drives using Ethernet

1. Unable to share drives using Ethernet - Similar Threads - Unable share drives

2. Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Between Computers on Ethernet: I am baffled by how Windows 10 handles file sharing between computers these days. I remember the Homegroup option was a little wonky, but at least it worked. Here's the situation. I have my whole home wired with Cat 6 Ethernet. Every port is connected to one switch. Each...
  3. Unable to Share DVD Drives

Unable to Share DVD Drives: I set up a private home network last week between two desktop computers, and all of my selected folders have been shared successfully between the two, however both computers will not allow me access to the other's DVD drive. Everything with with them has been set up exactly...
  4. unable to see shared network drive on router

unable to see shared network drive on router: How do I setup windows 10 to be able to see all my shared network devices? I am looking for my //net-storage/drive that is on my router. I did it long ago for another computer but forget how I managed to accomplish the task....
  5. Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet

Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  6. Using Wi-Fi. Need to share this connection over ethernet.

Using Wi-Fi. Need to share this connection over ethernet.: NOTE: I do not have physical access to the modem/router that broadcasts the WI-FI I am using. The laptop I am using is connected to the internet over wi-fi. I have a PC that does not have wi-fi capability. I have a switch so I can connect my laptop to the PC over ethernet....
  7. Unable to use DVD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use DVD drive: I have a HP notebook 15ay082nr that I was given last October and the dvd drive worked, it just needed to be reset to default to delete previous owner info. Well I did that the same day I got it...and now i have a few issues but mainly it's my dvd drive. It wont open by...
  8. Unable to Access to Share Drive or C$

Unable to Access to Share Drive or C$: Facing below issue unable to access to the PC share folder but able to remote and Ping to the PC, not even can use via IP address, but the PC can open others PC share folder or C$. That PC is using Window 7 Pro [ATTACH]...
  9. Trouble sharing drives over ethernet

Trouble sharing drives over ethernet: I am trying to share hard drives between my desktop and laptop, which are connected directly with an ethernet cable. I can see and access hard drives connected to my desktop from my laptop, but I can't view drives connected to my laptop on my desktop. I've followed all the...
  10. Ethernet not working after using recovery drive

Ethernet not working after using recovery drive: I am completely wiping my hardrive with DBAN and doing a clean install of windows 10 with a dvd I created with the media creation tool. Will the fresh installation of windows come with a driver for ethernet cable so I can get on the internet. I know I can get the drivers...