Windows 10: unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network

Discus and support unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers on my home WiFi network: A desktop PC, a Microsoft Surface Book SB. I do: On PC * copy some files from the PC to OneDrive * at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SweetTasha, Sep 24, 2020.

1. unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network

I have two computers on my home WiFi network: A desktop PC, a Microsoft Surface Book SB. I do:

On PC

* copy some files from the PC to OneDrive
    * at OneDrive Give access to>Specific people>Everyone.

* copy the link and email to SB

On SB

* the message says

unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network 89336df9-ae85-4c40-852e-e5f005f42f67?upload=true.png

* click on that

unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network a846f75d-55d4-4a3b-9775-1141c068dec1?upload=true.png

1. What am I doing wrong?
    2. I think that "Everyone" actually means "Everyone who has access to my WiFi." But if someone other than me already has access to my Wifi, then I haven't opened aNEW exposure, right? The WiFi uses a 30 character, totally un-guessable password.

TIA for any help. SweetTasha.

:)

SweetTasha, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

File sharing windows 10 network

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see shared folders in File Explorer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

I would suggest you to check if Network discovery is on or not. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to Control Panel > Click on
      Network and Internet >
      Click on Network and Sharing Center.

2. Click on Change advance sharing settings
      on the left pane.
    3. Select Turn on network discovery
      under Private and Guest network.
    4. Click on Save changes.

You may also want to refer the article on
    Map a network drive

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 24, 2020
  3. OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Sep 24, 2020
  4. puma99dk| Win User

unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network

OneDrive sharing help

Hi TPU,

one of my customers at work want to share a folder on his OneDrive for business with a external user, normal sharing lasts 7days, is it possible to get like a permanent login solution?

I tried a few guides, problem is Microsoft Translation to Danish doesn't help and if I change language online on his Office 365 the settings language in OneDrive don't change and yes using Internet Explorer just to rule that out.

So if anyone got a easy guide I would be happy, bcs I don't want my customer to call or write me a email every week that his external user needs access.

puma99dk|, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network

1. unable to share OneDrive files between users on the home network - Similar Threads - unable share OneDrive

2. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  3. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  4. File and folder sharing between multiple network location users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File and folder sharing between multiple network location users: Sadly, this thread was locked with no answer except the one both I and the OP of that thread expected to work but that didn't stopped at step 12.I have two computers discoverable on my home network as Hazel-Desktop and Hazel-Laptop. I would like full access to both devices'...
  5. File and folder sharing between multiple network location users

File and folder sharing between multiple network location users: Sadly, this thread was locked with no answer except the one both I and the OP of that thread expected to work but that didn't stopped at step 12.I have two computers discoverable on my home network as Hazel-Desktop and Hazel-Laptop. I would like full access to both devices'...
  6. Home network file sharing

Home network file sharing: I just got a new computer super fast lots of memory Windows 11 latest updates.I have 4 other computers running windows 10 on a wireless network but I can't get the new computer to recognize these.The other 4 communicate with each other OK.What's different about the Win 11...
  7. Home network to share files between laptops phone etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home network to share files between laptops phone etc.: Greetings. I have laptops running Win10 Pro, android phone, tablet, plus smart TV and various other devices that are capable of file storage/exchange. NO APPLE PRODUCTS! They are not permitted on my premises, period! Anyway, I would like some input on what the easiest way to...
  8. Sharing Onedrive files between devices

Sharing Onedrive files between devices: Hi, how do i share One Drive files between different devices on my Office 365 One Drive account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-onedrive-files-between-devices/e947d027-c379-421e-b611-9f0db2d4b8c8"
  9. OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneDrive, sharing Quicken data file between users: I use Onedrive to share a Quicken data file between two users. I have the main file, and I share it with the other computer. When the other computer enters data, sometimes it's lost when she leaves the program and returns to it.Does anyone have any help? ***Original...
  10. Sharing between wired/wireless network at home

Sharing between wired/wireless network at home: Hey all, I've done a lot of searching for this but can't seem to find an answer (and maybe there isn't one!), but I am trying to have my new laptop (windows 10) appear in the Network tab on my desktop (also windows 10). The issue is my desktop is plugged in using ethernet...