Windows 10: unable to show User Security Groups

Discus and support unable to show User Security Groups in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HiSome user accounts and test accounts come back with Access Denied when trying to get a list of the User Security Groups:i.e. Gpresult /r in command... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robfujitsu777, May 10, 2021.

1. unable to show User Security Groups

HiSome user accounts and test accounts come back with Access Denied when trying to get a list of the User Security Groups:i.e. Gpresult /r in command prompt and whoami /groups both give an Access Denied in the Security Groups sectionHow can I best troublrshoot this?thanks

:)

Robfujitsu777, May 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. unable to show User Security Groups :)

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, May 10, 2021
  3. How to Create MUlti-user Folder Security for a School Setting

Samuria,

Thanks for the suggests. A couple of comments or questions.
    1)There is no group called Everyone on my security tab
    2)is there a precedence order on the list of Users/groups on the Security tab. For example is it top to bottom or bottom up? Do individual users have precedence to groups
    3) is there a defined hierarchy to the list of. For example is Users a subset of Authenticated Users,....

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond

Jerrythesurfer, May 10, 2021
  4. hooked Win User

unable to show User Security Groups

Show Local users and Groups

Hey Brink, I was just looking at groups in netplwiz today and I noticed that my user account is just in the Admin group now, it used to be in Users and Admin. I have home, so I can't change it. I don't know how it changed. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Will it be a problem?
    I'm tempted to downgrade to my 8.1 pro and go to 10 pro.

hooked, May 10, 2021
Thema:

unable to show User Security Groups

1. unable to show User Security Groups - Similar Threads - unable show User

2. Account unknown security identifier removal in group or user names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account unknown security identifier removal in group or user names: Account UnknownS-1-15-3-65536-1888954469-739942743-1668119174-2468466756-4239452838-1296943325-355587736-700089176Does anyone know how to remove this account in group or user names? How this happened was I tried to give my pc user full control, and I hit the checkmark, for...
  3. Account unknown security identifier removal in group or user names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account unknown security identifier removal in group or user names: Account UnknownS-1-15-3-65536-1888954469-739942743-1668119174-2468466756-4239452838-1296943325-355587736-700089176Does anyone know how to remove this account in group or user names? How this happened was I tried to give my pc user full control, and I hit the checkmark, for...
  4. AD Security Groups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AD Security Groups: I need to create a new Security Group in On-Prem ADThis group will be included with domain users members, and i need to exclude domain admin group and service account group members.Can you help me on this ?...
  5. AD Security Groups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AD Security Groups: I need to create a new Security Group in On-Prem ADThis group will be included with domain users members, and i need to exclude domain admin group and service account group members.Can you help me on this ?...
  6. Users do not show in Local Users and Groups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Users do not show in Local Users and Groups: On Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 domain joined we do not see users in "Edit local users and groups. Instead of seeing a list of users, we see "There are no items to show in this view" We can add a user, still doesn't show up, but when we go to Groups, we can add the user to...
  7. Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home: Hello, I would like to use this feature as I know it is buried deep inside Windows 10 Home Edition but when I launch the lusrmgr.msc control panel it tells me that the snapin cannot be used with this version of Windows and to use the User Accounts CP. I can see that the...
  8. Unable to access Users & Groups in Windows 10 Home

Unable to access Users & Groups in Windows 10 Home: Win-10 Home "Users & Groups" in Computer Management why can I not see them when I have Administrator rights?? ***Modified title from: Win-10 Home "Users & Groups"***...
  9. Security - User, Group or Built-In Security Principal: Explanation?

Security - User, Group or Built-In Security Principal: Explanation?: Could someone explain the purpose of all the accounts listed under the Advanced button of the User, Group or Built-In Security Principal search-box that appears when you click the Change link under Advanced Security Settings (Properties > Security > Advanced) for any file or...
  10. Show Local users and Groups

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Show Local users and Groups: Hello, I want to get a list of Local Users and Groups as shown in the first screen shot (taken from the Web). When I run Computer Management as administrator that information is not available under Computer Management > System Tools (second screen shot - my computer) How...