Windows 10: Unable to shrink (D:) even though it has 365gb free according to File explorer

Discus and support Unable to shrink (D:) even though it has 365gb free according to File explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/carpenalldemdiems [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/carpenalldemdiems, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Unable to shrink (D:) even though it has 365gb free according to File explorer

/u/carpenalldemdiems, Feb 18, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to shrink (D:) even though it has 365gb free according to File explorer

Unable to drag and drop in file explorer

Hi Lorne,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

Step 1: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

If the issue persist follow the step 2.

Steps 2: You may try to restart Windows Explorer and check if it helps.

• Right click on taskbar.

• Then select task manager.

• Find Windows Explorer process.

• Then Right click on
      Windows Explorer

• Select restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Unable to shrink (D:) even though it has 365gb free according to File explorer

1. Unable to shrink (D:) even though it has 365gb free according to File explorer - Similar Threads - Unable shrink though

2. Shrink D Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shrink D Partition: Hello, I am facing a problem with C disk. It has not enough space for my applications and I want to get some GB from D partition which it contains Page files and it is a Basic Data Partition. I have read many articles on the internet for this subject. A possible solution is...
  3. Shrink D Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shrink D Partition: Hello, I am facing a problem with C disk. It has not enough space for my applications and I want to get some GB from D partition which it contains Page files and it is a Basic Data Partition. I have read many articles on the internet for this subject. A possible solution is...
  4. Unable to play minecraft even though purchased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play minecraft even though purchased: I purchased Minecraft in April and I was able to play it for a few months, but ever since java and bedrock were no longer sold together I've been unable to play the full version of Minecraft, which I was originally able to play, it now only gives me the option to either buy...
  5. Unable to play minecraft even though purchased

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play minecraft even though purchased: I purchased Minecraft in April and I was able to play it for a few months, but ever since java and bedrock were no longer sold together I've been unable to play the full version of Minecraft, which I was originally able to play, it now only gives me the option to either buy...
  6. File Explorer not showing files even though they exist on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer not showing files even though they exist on Windows 10: [ATTACH]File Explorer helps you find your files and folders, but sometimes it seems like […] This article File Explorer not showing files even though they exist on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Shrink volume is showing less even though HDD has storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shrink volume is showing less even though HDD has storage: Dear team, when I shrink the C:/, shrink says, I can only shrink by 9488 MB when my HDD is a 1TB HDD. why could this be happening? I still have 700GB of free space on C:/ please advise 1. I have done optimization and defragmentation already 2. done a disk clean up...
  8. Unable to use MBR2GPT, shrinking the partition fail even manually.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to use MBR2GPT, shrinking the partition fail even manually.: Hello, I am trying to convert my system from MBR to GPT in Windows 10 Recovery Mode Command Prompt but sadly I am getting the following error when I try to do so: Code: MBR2GPT: Attempting to convert disk 0 MBR2GPT: Retrieving layout of disk MBR2GPT: Validating layout, disk...
  9. not able to shrink C: even though there is plenty of space free

not able to shrink C: even though there is plenty of space free: Some of windows system files got corrupted so i did recover it through recovery drive. Everything was fine until i knew that Windows C: is taking up 500GB of my disk space. I tried shrinking it but it's showing " available space on drive for shrinking : 0mb "..... Total space...
  10. In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is...

In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is...: When I go a particular Folder or Sub-folder in Windows Explorer Ver, 10,In Explorer,I am able to rename few particular files but I am unable to change their properties. They are unprotected.They are not hidden. They are not read only even. I have Full Read, Write and Control...