Windows 10: Unable to shutdown computer, windows update issue

Discus and support Unable to shutdown computer, windows update issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have been unable to shutdown my computer for months. Using the Windows menu shutdown will not power off my computer but will bring my PC back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dont_play, May 16, 2022.

1. Unable to shutdown computer, windows update issue

Hello, I have been unable to shutdown my computer for months. Using the Windows menu shutdown will not power off my computer but will bring my PC back to the Windows lock screen.

Additional info: I have been unable to perform the following updates for my PC.

Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2

2022-05 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 (KB5013624)

Restarting my PC to update will always be met with "We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer". This has been going on for months and I am afraid that something bad has happened to my PC. Has anybody faced this issue and managed to solve it? Thank you.

submitted by /u/dont_play
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dont_play, May 16, 2022
  2. little cat, May 16, 2022
  3. Unable to install update

I'm unable to install the KB4103721 update on windows 10. I cant shutdown the computer normally, it keeps saying update and shutdown/restart no matter how many times I do it.

Thins I've already tired:
    • Update and shutdown
    • Update and restart
    • deleted the update from windows/softwaredistribution
    • tried to restore system to before I tried to install it.

Unable to shutdown computer, windows update issue [​IMG]

Unable to shutdown computer, windows update issue [​IMG]

Darksaber2000, May 16, 2022
  4. Unable to shutdown computer, windows update issue

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Unable to shutdown computer, windows update issue

1. Unable to shutdown computer, windows update issue - Similar Threads - Unable shutdown computer

2. Windows 11 unable to shutdown after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to shutdown after windows update.: Good day, all.I am unable to shutdown my acer travelmate p laptop after the latest Windows 11 update. I have attempted various ways and still unable to resolve this. Even my attempt using the acer bios file does not work, am unable to update from the Windows environment. Any...
  3. update and shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update and shutdown issue: I just updated my computer. I selected the shutdown after update option and now its not powering down, screen is black and pc is running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-and-shutdown-issue/84804d57-b06e-423a-a451-f18e98958227
  4. update and shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update and shutdown issue: I just updated my computer. I selected the shutdown after update option and now its not powering down, screen is black and pc is running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-and-shutdown-issue/84804d57-b06e-423a-a451-f18e98958227
  5. update and shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. I'm unable to shutdown my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to shutdown my computer.: Hello, I have another issue with my computer, it restarts even if I click shutdown, there is no pending update, how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-shutdown-my-computer/63ce01b3-3cb5-468e-a726-51bf0375b09b
  7. I'm unable to shutdown my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to shutdown my computer.: Hello, I have another issue with my computer, it restarts even if I click shutdown, there is no pending update, how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-shutdown-my-computer/63ce01b3-3cb5-468e-a726-51bf0375b09b
  8. Computer shutdown after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutdown after update: Can someone please explain why Microsoft insists on shutting down people's computers after an update????? In which universe will people want a "service" to make one lose work and cause software to corrupt because of a forced shutdown? Give people the ability to shut down...
  9. unable to shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to shutdown: I am in a similar situation. Upgraded a self build PC from Windows 7 to 10. Now, I am unable to shutdown. I have turned off the Fast Startup, but it still reboots when I hit 'Shutdown'. Appreciate any input on this. 19329
  10. Unable to shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to shutdown: Hello People, I m trapped in very weird situation as my system is not going to shutdown completely.When i click shutdown system goes to shutdown screen its green screen with shutdown in middle,then screen goes off and CPU fans keep running if a tap space or any button on...