Windows 10: Unable to SHUTDOWN my computer! Second time this problem has occurred

Discus and support Unable to SHUTDOWN my computer! Second time this problem has occurred in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10, Office 365 Dell XPS27 Second time I've had this issue. I shutdown my computer it shuts down, then automatically reboots. Over and over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by odennehy, Sep 7, 2018.

1. odennehy Win User

Unable to SHUTDOWN my computer! Second time this problem has occurred

Windows 10, Office 365 Dell XPS27

Second time I've had this issue. I shutdown my computer it shuts down, then automatically reboots. Over and over and over. NO I'm not hitting the REBOOT.

So i have to physically UNPLUG my computer to get it turned off.

:)

odennehy, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Unable to SHUTDOWN my computer! Second time this problem has occurred

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Unable to SHUTDOWN my computer! Second time this problem has occurred

1. Unable to SHUTDOWN my computer! Second time this problem has occurred - Similar Threads - Unable SHUTDOWN computer

2. I'm unable to shutdown my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to shutdown my computer.: Hello, I have another issue with my computer, it restarts even if I click shutdown, there is no pending update, how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-shutdown-my-computer/63ce01b3-3cb5-468e-a726-51bf0375b09b
  3. I'm unable to shutdown my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to shutdown my computer.: Hello, I have another issue with my computer, it restarts even if I click shutdown, there is no pending update, how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-shutdown-my-computer/63ce01b3-3cb5-468e-a726-51bf0375b09b
  4. Bluetooth driver has deleted itself on my computer for the second time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth driver has deleted itself on my computer for the second time: I'm not sure if this is an issue with my hard drive but my bluetooth driver has deleted itself for the second time, the first time I just scanned for hardware changes on the device manager and that worked, but this time it isn't. Any suggestions on possible fixes for this...
  5. Thermal shutdown occurred

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thermal shutdown occurred: Hi there! I own HP omen Ax250wm. I know that there are many threads for this issue. But none of them worked out for me. My laptop worked nice before. After I power on, my fans spin like crazy. Caps lock flashes 5 times and I get this issue System temperature 90D. When I...
  6. A new problem has occurred

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A new problem has occurred: Hey y’all, I’m a 14 year old and the newest update or software thing is making me fill out a questionnaire, and to finish it I have to enter card information and a billing adresss. You can see the problem. Is there any way to bypass it? submitted by /u/flameshot19 [link]...
  7. computer timed shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer timed shutdown: Hi, I need to know how to shut down and wake up my computer specific times. any and all help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-timed-shutdown/b350c2bb-54dc-4cb3-b920-f0eca8f1b1c2
  8. A thermal shutdown occurred

A thermal shutdown occurred: Fans are running quietly and no surfaces are warm or hot to the touch. What is causing this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-thermal-shutdown-occurred/bc6345f0-d924-4f12-accf-db170c780be8
  9. Unable to Shutdown my computer! Second time this problem has occurred Windows 10

Unable to Shutdown my computer! Second time this problem has occurred Windows 10: Second time I've had this issue. I shutdown my computer it shuts down, then automatically reboots. Over and over and over. NO I'm not hitting the REBOOT. So i have to physically UNPLUG my computer to get it turned off....
  10. BSOD occurring every time my computer idles

BSOD occurring every time my computer idles: Hello, While searching online for a solution to my BSODs, I came across Windows 10 Forums and thought I'd ask you guys! I recently built my first computer to use for when I work remotely. Everything was great to start, but after a short time (a few days to a week or two),...