Windows 10: Unable to Shutdown Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to Shutdown Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Unable to shutdown/hibernate my windows 10 pro N which is dual boot with ubuntu windows last updated on 8/27/2020, today problem happening from last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by raj_kumar_sharma, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Unable to Shutdown Windows 10

Unable to shutdown/hibernate my windows 10 pro N which is dual boot with ubuntu windows last updated on 8/27/2020, today problem happening from last month around 4-5 weeks.

What happening exactly

>>If i try to poweroff using Alt + F4 or any other options, black screen appears and within few seconds again back on lockscreen same things happening for hibernate.

>>I can restart my pc normally and forced shutdown is also working.

>>I can poweroff normally from Ubuntu after restarting.

I have tried

• Troubleshooted windows update and power
    • run windows file check sfc /scannow
    • tried resetting power options to default
    • tried enabling disabling fast startup
    • unable to hibernate also
    • updated battery drivers
    • not enrolled for windows insider

Help! Help! Help!

:)

raj_kumar_sharma, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Unable to Shutdown Windows 10

little cat, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Shutdown Windows 10

1. Unable to Shutdown Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Shutdown

2. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”: So my Laptop has worked fine until about 2 days ago, where I put my Password in to discover that I need to leave my laptop on for 2 hours just because there were multiple shutdowns.Now my laptop’s lead isn’t working, so it’s permanently at 0% Plugged in, does that have...
  3. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”: So my Laptop has worked fine until about 2 days ago, where I put my Password in to discover that I need to leave my laptop on for 2 hours just because there were multiple shutdowns.Now my laptop’s lead isn’t working, so it’s permanently at 0% Plugged in, does that have...
  4. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 unable to shutdown after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to shutdown after windows update.: Good day, all.I am unable to shutdown my acer travelmate p laptop after the latest Windows 11 update. I have attempted various ways and still unable to resolve this. Even my attempt using the acer bios file does not work, am unable to update from the Windows environment. Any...
  6. Windows 11 unable to shutdown after windows update.

Windows 11 unable to shutdown after windows update.: Good day, all.I am unable to shutdown my acer travelmate p laptop after the latest Windows 11 update. I have attempted various ways and still unable to resolve this. Even my attempt using the acer bios file does not work, am unable to update from the Windows environment. Any...
  7. Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart: I’ve been playing games as the regular and all of the sudden, it freezes. I’ve tried to do ctrl + shift + esc, but it’s unresponsive and I can’t do anything about it. Do I have to get an experienced person to fix it or is it ruined?...
  8. Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart: I’ve been playing games as the regular and all of the sudden, it freezes. I’ve tried to do ctrl + shift + esc, but it’s unresponsive and I can’t do anything about it. Do I have to get an experienced person to fix it or is it ruined?...
  9. Windows 11 locked screen, unable to shutdown/restart

10. I'm unable to do this action "Shutdown, Sleep, and restart" my personal computer unless I...

I'm unable to do this action "Shutdown, Sleep, and restart" my personal computer unless I...: Hello,I'm unable to do this actions such as "Sleep, Shutdown, Restart" unless I long press the Power button by physically. This issue was started at 18:30 around on evening IST, before this issue I started updating the derivers by using third party but trusted software.I took...