Windows 10: Unable to sign additional Microsoft user in

Discus and support Unable to sign additional Microsoft user in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop and added an additional user. I am unable to sign in with this account. When password is entered the screen goes blank then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JenniferDiefendorf, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Unable to sign additional Microsoft user in

I just got a new laptop and added an additional user. I am unable to sign in with this account. When password is entered the screen goes blank then returns to start screen. Please help!

:)

JenniferDiefendorf, Nov 3, 2020

2. Unable to sign into a Microsoft account in Windows 10 or create new users

Hi Dhruv,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Are you facing the issue on a local or Microsoft Account?
    • Are you able to login and use other apps?
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the Microsoft Account to check if that helps.

If you still face issues with the store in Microsoft Account then you may want to reset the Store cache and check the status.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type, "WSReset.exe" and hit Enter.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 3, 2020
  3. unable to sign in to microsoft account.

Hi,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Is this the first time you are trying to log-in to the device after upgrading?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If this issue is the first time you are trying to log-in to the computer,
    I suggest you to check if your issue matches with the below thread.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Wasim Asad on August 18, 2015 and check if it resolves your issue.

When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I
    get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Also, if you are referring to Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer to the below link about: Why can't you sign in?
    and try to reset the password.

Try to reset your account password from the website, enter the same on your computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Unable to sign additional Microsoft user in

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to sign additional Microsoft user in

1. Unable to sign additional Microsoft user in - Similar Threads - Unable sign additional

2. Unable to sign in to User Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in to User Accounts: I have a Dell Latitude 5490 i7 8th laptop with 16 GB RAM & 512 GB SSD that I bought refurbished. Today, after finishing my work on the Administrator account, I tried to sign in to my user account named "USER - 1". However, even though I entered the correct pin, it displayed...
  3. Unable to add additional user to my Windows computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add additional user to my Windows computer: Hi there,I am trying to add another user to my Windows computer.I need this user to be able to log onto the machine and use it as their own and have admin rights. To perform this step, I am navigating to Settings > Accounts > Other Users > Add Account.On the Microsoft 'How...
  4. Unable to add additional user to my Windows computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add additional user to my Windows computer: Hi there,I am trying to add another user to my Windows computer.I need this user to be able to log onto the machine and use it as their own and have admin rights. To perform this step, I am navigating to Settings > Accounts > Other Users > Add Account.On the Microsoft 'How...
  5. Are Additional Users Hackers?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are Additional Users Hackers?: Someone entered my router and changed the password. The Mac on my network has a rootkit virus which Mac antivirus programs are not finding. I am trying to find out if the Windows machines have also been infected. They are very slow and the HD remains at 100%. I looked at...
  6. Unable to sign in to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign in to Microsoft Store: I'm unable to login to my Microsoft Store. I am getting 0x80070426 error. I tried resetting the Store app in setting What should I do to reslove this issue? Thanks in advance [ATTACH]...
  7. Unable to sign in to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign in to Microsoft: I purchased a copy of Microsoft Solitare and Mahjong through Microsoft Shop late last year. Up until recently, everything has been working well. Now when trying to start the Microsoft Mahjong it will get things wrong and try to start other games that I have not asked it to....
  8. Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account: When I signed in today, it comes up with a new format, as if I'm a new Windows 10 customer. All my settings and file access is not available. All of my data is there under the User folder with my name, so, I know I haven't lost anything. The sign-on screen shows my first and...
  9. Unable to sign in to microsoft user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to sign in to microsoft user account: miscrosoft account sing in "You need to install an app for this task" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-in-to-microsoft-user-account/ded709da-dfff-4a4f-8bbf-96de589104fe
  10. Additional user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Additional user accounts: Hi, I have just bought a Surface Studio & have set up accounts for my wife & daughter. There is an account called eatipdyne that I know nothing about that keeps re-appearing. I have removed it but it just keeps coming back. Any explanations or help please? [IMG]...