Windows 10: Unable to Sign In After Reboot For Updates - Windows Couldn't Connect to the ProfSvc service

Discus and support Unable to Sign In After Reboot For Updates - Windows Couldn't Connect to the ProfSvc service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello we have a couple computers that we cannot sign into after rebooting to complete some updates. It takes about 10 minutes for the computer to start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ImmyjRackcOrnC, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Unable to Sign In After Reboot For Updates - Windows Couldn't Connect to the ProfSvc service

Hello we have a couple computers that we cannot sign into after rebooting to complete some updates. It takes about 10 minutes for the computer to start up, stuck on a blue please wait screen with a loading wheel. After that it goes to the regular sign in screen but when I input the correct credentials it gives me the following message;

Windows couldn't connect to the ProfSvs service.

Please consult your system administrator.

and an OK button.

Once you click on OK, the computer restarts and the process begins anew.

Been looking for solutions or at least causes online but haven't been able to find anything, hoping to shed some light on this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

ImmyjRackcOrnC, Nov 26, 2018
  2. L.Mart Win User

Getting sign-in error "The Profsvc service failed. the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded" in Windows 10

I executed each of your steps. Unfortunately, it did not work for me..

Running Windows 10 on an Acer Netbook.

The steps to boot into Safe Mode should be updated.

Unable to activate net user administrator.

At the command prompt, entered regedit but could not find a search box, so walked through multiple
    S-1-5 to find a RefCount <> 0. Set that value to 0, then exited and rebooted.

Nothing changed as I still received the dreaded ""The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded".

What can I do?

L.Mart, Nov 26, 2018
  3. ProfSvc Not Letting Me Sign In To My Accont On Windows 10 PC

Hello Sam,

User profile service (ProfSvc) is a service responsible for loading and unloading the user profile. If
    ProfSvc is stopped or disabled, user will not be able to login into the user profile. You may be facing the above issue due to the
    User Profile Service (ProfSvc) not enabled/started in the user profile.

To enable the profile, you have to login into the user profile and turn the
    ProfSvc service to On and Running for the profile to activate again.

If you are not able to login into your account in safe mode, it means the user profile you are trying to login is corrupted. Enable
    built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new user profile, transfer all the data from the corrupted user to the newly created user profile and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open elevated command prompt by entering Safe mode with Command prompt.
      To go to safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command
      prompt.
    • Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes and press
      Enter.
    • Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges.
    • Delete the corrupted user account from the built in administrator.
    • Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L, and sign-in at the
      Administrator account.
    • Check if the issue persist and you can disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).

Step 2: To create a new user account follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by right clicking on the Start icon and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add and click
      Enter
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

Refer to the link below to know more on “The user Profile Service failed the logon”
    (Applies to Windows 10 also):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 26, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Unable to Sign In After Reboot For Updates - Windows Couldn't Connect to the ProfSvc service

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Ok I did another reboot, disabled windows update service, did step 3 again, this time it installed an update, enabled windows update service and did a reboot and voila!! *Peace Unable to Sign In After Reboot For Updates - Windows Couldn't Connect to the ProfSvc service :peace:

Unable to Sign In After Reboot For Updates - Windows Couldn't Connect to the ProfSvc service 20160416_190650-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Sign In After Reboot For Updates - Windows Couldn't Connect to the ProfSvc service

1. Unable to Sign In After Reboot For Updates - Windows Couldn't Connect to the ProfSvc service - Similar Threads - Unable Sign Reboot

2. the profsvc service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the profsvc service failed the sign in: My PC was running slow and full of junk and thought id reset it however after I reset it its saying the profsvc service failed the sign in. I've tried. Everything I can find online. I can't start in safe mode there's just no option to, I press f5 and nothing happens. It is an...
  3. the profsvc service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the profsvc service failed the sign in: My PC was running slow and full of junk and thought id reset it however after I reset it its saying the profsvc service failed the sign in. I've tried. Everything I can find online. I can't start in safe mode there's just no option to, I press f5 and nothing happens. It is an...
  4. the profsvc service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service: Hi, I get this message and I have tried all that I know to do. Can someone help. me?We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet....
  6. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service: Hi, I get this message and I have tried all that I know to do. Can someone help. me?We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet....
  7. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

8. "We couldn't connect to the update service..."

"We couldn't connect to the update service...": I realize that this has been posted many many times before. Posting it again because I have read every single one of those posts and tried every suggestion. at least 2 dozen of them anyway My HP Z book Windows 10 professional hasn't updated since January 19th. If I...
  9. Windows couldn’t connect to the ProfSVC service

in Windows 10 News
    Windows couldn’t connect to the ProfSVC service: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some users report an error that says Windows couldn’t connect to the ProfSVC service. This is usually encountered when someone is trying to log in to their User Accounts. This error is triggered when the User Profile is corrupt or when [...] This post...
  10. Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service"

Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service": Hi, I need help with the above error. System spec is OptiPlex 760 (32 bit X64) running windows 10 Pro version 1809. OS build 17763.292. I was happily running the above build up till the end of January with no issues. Updates were being loaded automatically and apps were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows couldnt connect to the profsvc

2. windows couldnt connect to the ProfSvc service

3. windows couldn’t connect to the profsvc service after update

4. windows cannot connect to profsvc service,
  5. windows couldnt connect to profsvc,
  6. windows 10 2004 updat profsvc error,
  7. unable to sign in after update,
  8. windows couldn’t connect to the profsvc service,
  9. error: unable to connect due to the profsvc service,
  10. windows 2019 please wait for the profsvc,
  11. windows cannot connect to profsvc service please consult your system administrator,
  12. bsod windows can not connect to the prof svc serbice,
  13. unable to connect to profsvc service,
  14. unable to sign in after update 2019,
  15. Windows couldnt connect to the user profsvc service consult your system administrator