Windows 10: Unable to sign in after resetting PC, only Other User present

Discus and support Unable to sign in after resetting PC, only Other User present in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I tried to reset my surface laptop 2 and it had an error and when I selected, ok, it went back to the login screen but the only username is, "Other... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JShoe3, May 30, 2019.

1. JShoe3 Win User

Unable to sign in after resetting PC, only Other User present

I tried to reset my surface laptop 2 and it had an error and when I selected, ok, it went back to the login screen but the only username is, "Other user" I have not other username options. How do I log back into my laptop

***Original title: Other user***

:)

JShoe3, May 30, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 30, 2019
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, May 30, 2019
  4. Unable to sign in after resetting PC, only Other User present

Surface pro issue- Unable to Sign-in

Hi Lorna,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply to the following questions to better understand your query.

1. Do you mean that you are unable to sign in to your User Account?

2. If yes, are you using a Microsoft Account or a local account?

However, I would suggest you try using the On-screen keyboard. Follow the steps below.

1. Click on the ease of access icon and then select On-screen Keyboard.

2. If you are able to login using the on screen keyboard. You need to update your drivers in the Device Manager. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + R key to open run command. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.

• Expand Keyboard.

• Right-click on the Keyboard and select
      Update Driver Software

• Restart the computer and check.
    If you are unable to sign in to Microsoft account, you may recover your password by click on the link below and following the mentioned steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Unable to sign in after resetting PC, only Other User present

1. Unable to sign in after resetting PC, only Other User present - Similar Threads - Unable sign resetting

2. Can't sign into other users on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into other users on my PC: I was trying to sign in to my other account on my laptop from the sign-in screen or locked screen and I couldn't access it. I had looked up some things and they hadn't worked. It was working about 1 week ago. I also tried to sign out of the account and log in again or log in...
  3. Can't sign into other users on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into other users on my PC: I was trying to sign in to my other account on my laptop from the sign-in screen or locked screen and I couldn't access it. I had looked up some things and they hadn't worked. It was working about 1 week ago. I also tried to sign out of the account and log in again or log in...
  4. "Other User" and Administrator not present after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Other User" and Administrator not present after reset: Recently after about two weeks of inactivity, I used my laptop again, to prepare for online classes. Two weeks after the start of school, my screen starts freezing. It got to the point where one software update was unsuccessful. My first thought was that my wifi adapter was...
  5. Reset "other user" data asked for pc?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset "other user" data asked for pc?: Hello, after resetting my pc with windows 10 yesterday, a user account named "other user" appeared at startup, where i had to enter username and happened, but everything i tried did not work. Also in the internet I did not find a solution. I can't reinstall Windows either,...
  6. Other User after reset...

Other User after reset...: So i had to do a windows 10 reset. I didnt need anything on the pc so i wiped it all. The whole reset took about 6 hours. But now when it goes to the log in screen it says other user and is asking for a username and password. It says there is no admin. I was reading about...
  7. Reset/other user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset/other user: I wanted to reset my laptop to give it a new start. So I reset and removed all my files. After when it turned on again, it showed other user and now I don't know what to do plz help for gods sake. Plz don't say to do the hold shift and restart, and go to startup settings....
  8. "Other User" after PC Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Other User" after PC Reset: Soo Recently I had to reset my PC, (Asus VivoBook Pro) because of "Inaccesible-Boot-Device" error. After that, there was a screen showing the percentage of Windows re-installation. When it was at about 80 % the PC restarted itself and showed the locked screen (Generic...
  9. Other user after reset

Other user after reset: Hello So i have fully reset my pc because there were some malwares.After i reset , i was greated to the log in screem with other user Im not so sure what to do. And yes i have tried to enter safe mode but they didden allow me to do that because i was an administrator. It...
  10. Other User after System Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other User after System Reset: I recently bought a desktop from a friend who reset the computer in order to sell it. When I try to log on I am unable to get past the Other User which is the only listed account. As this is a fresh reset I should be able to make a new account, as I understand it. I have seen...