Windows 10: Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password

Discus and support Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, For around a year now i have been unable to sign in to my computer after an update. I normally log in with a pin, but after the update it asks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdamM8, Nov 6, 2019.

1. AdamM8 Win User

Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password

Hi,

For around a year now i have been unable to sign in to my computer after an update. I normally log in with a pin, but after the update it asks for a password. My password which i know is correct as i have changed it multiple times trying to solve this problem, does not allow me to sign in.

Every single time my computer updates i have to restart and restore my previous version of windows, i have tried disabling updates but this has been unsuccessful and is not an optimal solution anyway.

Is there a solution to this problem? I have seen MANY people with the same problem but the solutions have always been around removing or preventing updates, never around fixing the underlying issue.

thanks

:)

AdamM8, Nov 6, 2019

2. Simplifying updates for Windows 7 and 8.1

Just experienced this myself. I wanted to download the update because this is a massive problem and fresh installs of Windows 7 are still in my future. I don't have a problem using IE11 but...
    1. I add the download to my cart.
    2. Click on basket.
    3. Click on download.
    4. Window pops up asking to browse for folder.
    5. Click on it, UAC pops up demanding admin password. "No problem," I thought.
    6. Enter admin password. Nothing happens.
    7. Close window and repeat steps 3-6. Getting frustrated now.
    8. Right-click and select refresh.
    9. Repeat steps 4-6.
    10. WTF?
    11. Come to the sad realization I'll have to sign off and sign in as the admin account just to download a file.
    12. Give up.

Terrible indeed. I'll have to do it eventually though. *Frown Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password :(

Edit:
    Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password participation-medal.jpg

FordGT90Concept, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to sign into Windows

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the error you get while trying to sign in?
    2. When you say ‘0000’, are you referring to a PIN?
    3. Is it a local or Microsoft account, you use with Windows sign in?
    4. Do you see any other sign in options like password, fingerprint or facial recognition?
    5. Do you see any options on screen to reset your password?

If you are using the Microsoft account with Windows sign in, choose password option under sign in options and type in the Microsoft account password and let us know if it works.

Please get back to us with the information requested, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password

Unable to change system sign-in password on Windows 10

HI Jonne,

As you are unable to change the password on your device, provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to change the password?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue if any?
    • Are you trying to change password for Microsoft account while signing to the device?

If you are referring to changing the password for Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

How do I change my password?

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password

1. Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password - Similar Threads - Unable sign update

2. Unable to sign in after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign in after windows 11 update: My laptop was updated with Windows 11 and after that I am unable to sign in to my as it shows "incorrect password" due to which the account has been blocked despite entering the correct password. The contact number associated with account is no more in use since a year and I...
  3. Password does not update for sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password does not update for sign in: I am using Windows 10. I changed my password through my work account, which is run through Microsoft. However, when I try to log into my computer account on the Active Directory, it does not accept the new password. I have to enter the old password. The result is that the...
  4. Windows won't recognise my password

Windows won't recognise my password: I have not used my office computer whilst working from home but when I try to log in, it won't recognise my password or pin number so I am locked out of the computer. The only buttons I can access is power and ease of use. There is no start button. I have logged on to windows...
  5. Windows Defender Account Protection sign in wont recognise my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Account Protection sign in wont recognise my password: I have tried several times to sign into the account protection to set it up on a new computer but it will not recognise my password. I have also tried resetting password and changing it but I get the same response as below: Correlation Id: edbc602843070002ce94bced0743d601...
  6. Windows does not recognise my outlook.com password - any ideas??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows does not recognise my outlook.com password - any ideas??: Hi all, Getting desperate... I am trying to log in to my Windows 10 laptop as an admin in Advanced Recovery mode, but it doesn't recognise my password. I went to the email address associated outlook.com and changed the password there, but that isn't recognised either....
  7. Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect).

Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect).: When I bought my HP Envy DT two years ago, I also joined the Win 10 Build Community. This is the FOURTH time that Win 10 has done updates and then fails to recognize my boot password and allow me to boot to windows. As this is an ongoing problem, WHY hasn't MS come up with a...
  8. Microsoft does not recognise my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft does not recognise my password: Some time ago Microsoft refused to recognise my password though I know it was OK. Luckily I can open my computer using my PIN but I'm worried that M'soft might suddenly not recognise that either so I set about resetting my password using https://account.live.com. Three...
  9. Cannot sign in: password no longer recognised

Cannot sign in: password no longer recognised: I have been scouring the internet for a solution to this issue but cannot find one, so I’m desperate now. I have used a passcode for over a year to log in to my laptop, since switching from my Microsoft/Hotmail password which I previously used. Just under a week ago, my...
  10. Windows Does Not Recognise My Microsoft Password

Windows Does Not Recognise My Microsoft Password: I recently used the "refresh" facility on my HP Pavilion Laptop. On start-up, sign in, I received a message stating that my password was not recognised. I have reset my password five times (through the Microsoft live site) but on each occasion when then attempting to sign in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 does not recognise sign in password