Windows 10: Unable to sign in and automatically signed in to a temporary account.

Discus and support Unable to sign in and automatically signed in to a temporary account. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’m not sure what happened I came home and it appeared my computer had restarted when I went to open up from the lock screen it took me two a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by William Bolin, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Unable to sign in and automatically signed in to a temporary account.

I’m not sure what happened I came home and it appeared my computer had restarted when I went to open up from the lock screen it took me two a background that I had not seen with a message on it saying that they could not sign me in and to correct is push a button and it would sign me out so I could sign back in but signed me back in the same way I guess and I have found Out that it is a temporary sign in but I don’t know what to do because when I go to resign and it goes to a black screen sometimes it starts up and gives me the same screen again I have gone to Microsoft and change my password and will see if I can enter that but I wonder if anyone else is come across this maybe it was a update that occurred while I was gone I don’t know

:)

William Bolin, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, Unable to sign in and automatically signed in to a temporary account. :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Feb 13, 2020
  3. DJBenz Win User
    HELP! Signed in with a temporary account - not the usual problem

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can help with this. My Windows 10 PC had a problem today where it couldn't find the boot drive. I replaced the SATA cable and it solved the problem, but when Windows 10 started back up it logged me in and gave the

message. I've googled this error and found this tutorial on how to fix it but the first step is to back up files and folders from C:\Users\(problem profile).

However, this folder no longer exists on my HDD. If I look at the profile registry key, it's pointing at where the folder should be, but the folder is gone. It's not hidden, I have hidden files viewable, it's just gone.

It was my profile, it was an administrator account. The rest of the family's profiles and files are intact, but mine are gone.

To add insult to injury, I tried a system restore from an automatic point taken at lunchtime today, but the process fails with this error:

Unable to sign in and automatically signed in to a temporary account. [​IMG]

Can anyone help, please?

DJBenz, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Unable to sign in and automatically signed in to a temporary account.

message "you are signed in with a temporary profile"

Hello,

If you verified that the account is temporary, kindly restart your PC and sign in again. This should remove the temporary account and your files and settings should be available again.

Notes:

• You might need to restart your PC more than once before you can see your files and settings again.
    • You should back up everything you worked on to an external drive, or it will be deleted when you sign out of the temporary account.

If that didn't help, we suggest performing the suggestion posted by Vijay B in this
    thread and see if it makes any difference.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Unable to sign in and automatically signed in to a temporary account.

1. Unable to sign in and automatically signed in to a temporary account. - Similar Threads - Unable sign automatically

2. Temporary sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary sign in.: Hi Everyone,We have a server signed for multiple users in our company, I used RDS for while for it the remove it for some issues we faced, now we back to sign using usual and direct Remote Desktop, but all the users are signed with temporary user every time, how can I fix...
  3. Temporary sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary sign in.: Hi Everyone,We have a server signed for multiple users in our company, I used RDS for while for it the remove it for some issues we faced, now we back to sign using usual and direct Remote Desktop, but all the users are signed with temporary user every time, how can I fix...
  4. Signing-in to a Temporary Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing-in to a Temporary Account: Hello. I have been signed off from my main account and was signed in to a temporary account. I have tried restarting my laptop and following some of the solutions you have provided yet the problem still exists. Now, I have followed a Youtube tutorial on how to fix the problem...
  5. Signing with temporary account.

Signing with temporary account.: After update Microsoft is signing with temporary account and on restart data on desktop is removed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-with-temporary-account/d175bc27-8f14-43a3-9e23-8220aa03ce1f
  6. Signed in with temporary account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Signed in with temporary account: Yesterday got logged in with temporary profile, posted several questions on here already. Couldn't seem to fix it so made new email and Microsoft account. I didn't make it as a local user though. My question now is how do I delete my old user account & files as well as the...
  7. Sign in temporary account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in temporary account: When i install quick heal Antivirus before this i have NPAV when i install quick heal they ask me to remove npav so i uninstall the npav but after that ..when the laptop is restart message box appears it shows " we cant sign into your account" after that i restart many...
  8. Account unable to sign in

Account unable to sign in: Hello, My admin account is not showing on sign in screen and when I try to sign in using local account an error displayed showing 'The user profile service failed the sign in'. I try to boot in safe mode but the problem remain same .Please help....
  9. Signed into Temporary Account on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed into Temporary Account on Windows 10: Hi. Please help me. My laptop was working properly last Wednesday and I was doing the update. Then yesterday when I tried to login I encountered an error. Stop code: System Service Exception. I tried to change the password before I restore it thinking maybe I forgot the...
  10. Windows signing me into temporary account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows signing me into temporary account: Ive tried doing everything windows and other people have ive seen other posts and they didnt work and theres no restore points i can use. im almost done at this point its pissing me off to no end....