Windows 10: Unable to sign in to administrators account

Discus and support Unable to sign in to administrators account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i cant sign into administrators account, the administrators promt is hidden and also i cant make changes to my system and also cant access files on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by monsiisaiah12, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Unable to sign in to administrators account

i cant sign into administrators account, the administrators promt is hidden and also i cant make changes to my system and also cant access files on the administrators account Unable to sign in to administrators account 05904ef7-cf0d-44d3-bd0f-8ea91dad176d?upload=true.png Unable to sign in to administrators account 059682ac-8bd7-4303-9ebb-bfcd0b7ec6eb?upload=true.png Unable to sign in to administrators account 79f20998-a9d7-499f-bda1-b439ea8cc3ac?upload=true.png

:)

monsiisaiah12, Apr 3, 2019

2. Unable to make user account as administrator account

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

1. Login into your Current Administrator Account.

2. Right click on Start button
    and select Control Panel.

3. Select User Account.

4. Select the option Manage another Account.

5. Select the Local Account.

6. Now select the option Change Account Type
    and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Steps To create new local administrator account.

• In the search box type Control Panel.

• Click on User Accounts.

• Select Make changes to my account in Pc settings.

• Next select family and other user
      present on the left side of the page.

• Click on Add someone to this pc option available.

• Now select Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).

• Next click on Local Account Tab and create a local account and click
      Finish Tab.
    Once the local account is created, click on the local account and select
    Change account type tab and select Administrator.

Your Local Administrator Account is created now. Sign out from your current account and sign in into your new Local Account.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Floki Win User

Unable to sign in to administrators account

Administrator Account

One of our user changed their administrator account to a local account. I'm trying to change it back to an administrator account, but you are always asked to sign in as the administrator. Kind of like a catch 22 situations -- does any one have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Floki, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Unable to sign in to administrators account

1. Unable to sign in to administrators account - Similar Threads - Unable sign administrators

2. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover administrator account: I am unable to install software on my laptop as the administrator account no longer exists. My one and only account is a local account without administrator access....
  3. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recover administrator account: I am unable to install software on my laptop as the administrator account no longer exists. My one and only account is a local account without administrator access....
  4. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...: My little brother mistakenly disabled my account which was the already signed in on my laptop. He later signed out of it. My account is the administrator and the only account on my laptop, so when I try to sign into my laptop it requires my accounts password but I can’t get...
  6. Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...: My little brother mistakenly disabled my account which was the already signed in on my laptop. He later signed out of it. My account is the administrator and the only account on my laptop, so when I try to sign into my laptop it requires my accounts password but I can’t get...
  7. Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to log in to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to log in to administrator account: Hi,I run Windows 10 on a PC. The only account set up is my administrator account which I have been logging into with a PIN. After a power cut today when I rebooted the PC I got a message saying "something happened and your PIN isn't available". Nothing happened when I tried...
  9. unable to sign in as an administrator.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to sign in as an administrator.: Dear Team, I am unable to reset my laptop, getting a message to sign in as an administrator but unable to find the option to log in as an administrator. Kindly help. RegardsAlina Shah...
  10. Account unable to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account unable to sign in: Hello, My admin account is not showing on sign in screen and when I try to sign in using local account an error displayed showing 'The user profile service failed the sign in'. I try to boot in safe mode but the problem remain same .Please help....