Windows 10: Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome

Discus and support Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 7 I had 2 different email accounts. One was with ATT Yahoo and the other in Google Chrome. I have a new laptop running Windows 10. My Att... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leanne_965, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome

In Windows 7 I had 2 different email accounts. One was with ATT Yahoo and the other in Google Chrome. I have a new laptop running Windows 10. My Att yahoo account in Windows 10 is fine but when I go to Chrome it is asking me to set up a new email account. If I try to log in to gmail with my old Chrome email address it tells me that it is already in use. Well, of course it is. It ismy email address for Chrome. Why can't I log in to Chrome with my existing gmail address?

***Modified title from: email accounts***

:)

Leanne_965, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jan 21, 2020
  3. kieran78 Win User
    Google Chrome and Chrome OS......

Actually I have tried Google Chrome browser and observed that it Gmail works faster in Google Chrome explorer. So, yes I will definitely try Google Chrome OS also. And then, will reply again here, to give you the feedback of the new Google OS.
    http://goschrome.com/forum/

kieran78, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome

1. Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Unable sign Gmail

2. Unable to access Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access Google Chrome: When I try to open Google Chrome is says: "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" This just started this morning, but I haven't changed my settings. I tried to follow the...
  3. A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail: I cannot understand that Microsoft knew about this bug several months ago and after many attempts with Microsoft support people to fix the issues of Gmail and Microsoft Edge not saving user names/passwords ..... was to no avail!! I found this yesterday:...
  4. Unable to use Google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use Google chrome: Im using Windows 10 and recently after the google experienced an outage issue on 14/12/20 , on the next day when i tried to surf in Chrome i was unable to access any web search and cant connect to YouTube gmail and many other websites. My internet connection is okay , i even...
  5. Unable to use Webcam in Edge or Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to use Webcam in Edge or Google Chrome: Hey everyone! I've ran into an issue that I was hoping someone could provide some insight on. When attempting to use the webcam in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, I have been unable to do so. It has only been working in Firefox. When verifying the Camera & Privacy...
  6. CANNOT SIGN IN TO CHROME/GMAIL OR FIREFOX

in Windows 10 Customization
    CANNOT SIGN IN TO CHROME/GMAIL OR FIREFOX: After a successful reinstall of Win 10 on my PC, I have encountered a problem with Chrome and Firefox. I have downloaded both through the Edge browser, but when I attempt to sign in to either, I enter my username, but when I try to populate the password box, it only allows me...
  7. Unable to install Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install Google Chrome: Hi, I just got a new Dell with windows 10 Home and can't download Google Chrome because of windows "security" because the website is a secure website.. I've seen all the other people having this issue and the moderators saying it's because you have windows 10S instead of 10...
  8. Google account sign-in using chrome and windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google account sign-in using chrome and windows 10: Laptop computer will not bring up Google account sign in screen. Received error code cofire.exe application error. Application was unable to start correctly. (0xc0000142) Click ok to close application. Tried to perform system restore back to a previous period (6/9/19)...
  9. Unable to Install Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Install Google Chrome: Hello, I use Google Chrome daily on my PC but a few sites weren't accessible with my current version of Chrome. When updating, there was a small black window pops up but quickly disappears & the process stops. I read a few internet posts saying to do a clean install (tried...
  10. unable to type in the sign in box on google chrome account

in Browsers and Email
    unable to type in the sign in box on google chrome account: I have installed google chrome onto my tablet in which i also downloaded windows 10. I can use chrome but i am unable to sign into my account. When i try to type my email and password, it will not show in the sign in boxes. I was able to before windows 10, so can someone help...