Windows 10: Unable to sign in to Link To Windows on my phone because "my Microsoft account type doesn't...

Discus and support Unable to sign in to Link To Windows on my phone because "my Microsoft account type doesn't... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've been trying to link my phone to my Windows, but for some reason time I try to log in to my phone's Link To Windows app it gives me a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Harris Lam, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Unable to sign in to Link To Windows on my phone because "my Microsoft account type doesn't...

So I've been trying to link my phone to my Windows, but for some reason time I try to log in to my phone's Link To Windows app it gives me a message saying "This type of account doesn't work with this particular service". I've never had this problem before and it has always worked fine. I don't know what happened after I updated the app but it stopped working. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem and how I can fix it?

:)

Harris Lam, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Tetsujin Win User

How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Unable to sign in to Link To Windows on my phone because "my Microsoft account type doesn't...

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

Unable to sign in to Link To Windows on my phone because "my Microsoft account type doesn't...

1. Unable to sign in to Link To Windows on my phone because "my Microsoft account type doesn't... - Similar Threads - Unable sign Link

2. Signing in to "Link to Windows" on android generates error "This type of account doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing in to "Link to Windows" on android generates error "This type of account doesn't...: Got a new phone Samsung Galaxy 23 Ultra running Android 13. Phone app was working fine with previous phone Samsung Note 8.When attempting to setup the new phone with the Phone App, I get to the step to sign in to "Link to Windows" on the phone, and the error "This type of...
  3. Unable to sign in to Link To Windows on my phone because "my Microsoft account type doesn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign in to Link To Windows on my phone because "my Microsoft account type doesn't...: So I've been trying to link my phone to my Windows, but for some reason time I try to log in to my phone's Link To Windows app it gives me a message saying "This type of account doesn't work with this particular service". I've never had this problem before and it has always...
  4. Signing in to "Link to Windows" on android generates error "This type of account doesn't...

Signing in to "Link to Windows" on android generates error "This type of account doesn't...: Got a new phone Samsung Galaxy 23 Ultra running Android 13. Phone app was working fine with previous phone Samsung Note 8.When attempting to setup the new phone with the Phone App, I get to the step to sign in to "Link to Windows" on the phone, and the error "This type of...
  5. Unable to respond in phone link, not able to type

Unable to respond in phone link, not able to type: This worked before lunch yesterday, then after lunch when I went to use it, I was not able to get a text box to type in on pc. I updated everything I could, restarted everything, no such luck. It's still this way today. There where the text box is supposed to be, the received...
  6. Cant sign into my Microsoft account on my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign into my Microsoft account on my phone: Cant sign into my Microsoft account on my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-into-my-microsoft-account-on-my-phone/e8f57ec2-f637-46d3-aa0d-dc15451cb583
  7. Cant sign into my Microsoft account on my phone

Cant sign into my Microsoft account on my phone: Cant sign into my Microsoft account on my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-into-my-microsoft-account-on-my-phone/e8f57ec2-f637-46d3-aa0d-dc15451cb583
  8. Unable to sign into my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign into my Microsoft account: A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Home to version Version 20H2. They created my last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and not use my last name. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to Settings > Accounts...
  9. Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account: In Windows 10 settings, under Accounts > Your Info ... I'm trying to use the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" option. My user account has always been local but I'm building a new PC and want to make sure my license is on my Microsoft account so I can activate...
  10. Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account: Hi all, When I click on the link to associate my Microsoft Account to my Local Account (after upgrading from Windows 7), it simply does nothing. Click, click, click. Similarly, when I try to log in the Windows store app, I get an application error with cryptic codes...