Windows 10: Unable to Sign in to LIVE

Discus and support Unable to Sign in to LIVE in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, Last night I ran a restart on my laptop and upon attempting to log into a game today Fable 3 I keep getting an error message saying that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by A066, Oct 27, 2020.

1. A066 Win User

Unable to Sign in to LIVE

Hello,

Last night I ran a restart on my laptop and upon attempting to log into a game today Fable 3 I keep getting an error message saying that I cannot sign in to LIVE. The exact message is as follows:

"This profile could not be signed in to LIVE. There may be a network problem or the Windows Live ID service may be unavailable."

There were no obvious updates within the last week and the game still worked as of before the restart. I've wracked my mind and various forums as to what the issue might be but cannot figure it out.

In terms of troubleshooting:

-I have restarted my router and done an internet on/off restart

-Checked to make sure no network changes were done Laptop side

-Reinstalled Games For Windows Live

:)

2. Surface pro issue- Unable to Sign-in

Hi Lorna,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply to the following questions to better understand your query.

1. Do you mean that you are unable to sign in to your User Account?

2. If yes, are you using a Microsoft Account or a local account?

However, I would suggest you try using the On-screen keyboard. Follow the steps below.

1. Click on the ease of access icon and then select On-screen Keyboard.

2. If you are able to login using the on screen keyboard. You need to update your drivers in the Device Manager. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + R key to open run command. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.

• Expand Keyboard.

• Right-click on the Keyboard and select
      Update Driver Software

• Restart the computer and check.
    If you are unable to sign in to Microsoft account, you may recover your password by click on the link below and following the mentioned steps.

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to sign into Windows

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the error you get while trying to sign in?
    2. When you say ‘0000’, are you referring to a PIN?
    3. Is it a local or Microsoft account, you use with Windows sign in?
    4. Do you see any other sign in options like password, fingerprint or facial recognition?
    5. Do you see any options on screen to reset your password?

If you are using the Microsoft account with Windows sign in, choose password option under sign in options and type in the Microsoft account password and let us know if it works.

Please get back to us with the information requested, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Unable to Sign in to LIVE

Xbox live sign-in fail

Hi,

An interruption with the Xbox Live server and failure to authenticate the Xbox login information are possible reasons as to why you're encountering this issue.
    Kindly answer the following questions for us to advise the best approach in resolving this issue:

• Are you using the same Microsoft account to sign in to the Xbox app, the games, and the Windows 10 PC?
    • Are you getting any error messages when signing in to your Xbox account and the games?

To determine if your Xbox profile is working properly, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. If you can sign in, that means your profile is all good. Otherwise, follow the on-screen prompts on how to update your account information.

Catherine Cus., Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Sign in to LIVE

1. Unable to Sign in to LIVE - Similar Threads - Unable Sign LIVE

2. Error 0x80a40401 "Unable to Sign in to Xbox Live" and 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80a40401 "Unable to Sign in to Xbox Live" and 0x800704cf: When I try to sign in to the Xbox app on PC, I get a notification that says "It looks like there's a problem with your Store account.", when logging into the account, an error 0x80a40401 appears. I tried to re-login to my account manually, after that an error 0x800704cf...
  3. Error 0x80a40401 "Unable to Sign in to Xbox Live" and 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80a40401 "Unable to Sign in to Xbox Live" and 0x800704cf: When I try to sign in to the Xbox app on PC, I get a notification that says "It looks like there's a problem with your Store account.", when logging into the account, an error 0x80a40401 appears. I tried to re-login to my account manually, after that an error 0x800704cf...
  4. not able to sign into xbox live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to sign into xbox live: pls help me , i have have reinstalled the app and restarted my computer multiple times but its does not seem to helpand im not able to play games at all , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-sign-into-xbox-live/d453815d-8957-4361-9eed-e5b0e57cda9b
  5. Unable to sign in after switching to live account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in after switching to live account: I originally configured my user account on my laptop Lenovo Yoga 7 14ITL5 to be an offline account, with no linked live account. However the other day I rented a film from the windows store and to my surprise was now required to sign in with a live account to the films & TV...
  6. Teredo Troubleshooting "Cannot Sign in to XBOX Live" "Unable to qualify"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo Troubleshooting "Cannot Sign in to XBOX Live" "Unable to qualify": Hello, I've been having trouble with Teredo and XBOX Live lately, they affect the games and I'm also assuming some other XBOX related applications on my computer as well. Upon checking with Xbox Networking, under Xbox Live multiplayer the NAT Type states that "Teredo is...
  7. CANT SIGN XBOX LIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANT SIGN XBOX LIVE: Why i cant sign in to xbox live? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/717088383138267247/743921982407573544/unknown.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-xbox-live/f3bdb26c-67db-48a9-b10f-0495e52e9b69
  8. Unable to sign into xbox live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into xbox live: I want to play Minecraft, but every time I start it up, it cant sign in. I have a VPN, but I disable it before starting Minecraft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-xbox-live/b2b955d3-7eae-428f-941c-1aa6d49e48f6
  9. Unable to sign in to xbox live on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign in to xbox live on pc: I'm trying to play phantasy star online 2 on pc. I know the install works because I played it for a couple days before this problem started happening. It looks like I've been signed out of xbox live, and am unable to sign in. My account is fine because I was able to sign in...
  10. Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live: My son has Windows 10 Pro on his PC. We had to do a reset due to various issues and now he cannot sign into the App Store and Xbox Live with his Microsoft account. I have tried using my Microsoft account and still have the same problem. However we can login with a Local...