Windows 10: Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live

Discus and support Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My son has Windows 10 Pro on his PC. We had to do a reset due to various issues and now he cannot sign into the App Store and Xbox Live with his... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Bizzielizzie2019, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live

My son has Windows 10 Pro on his PC. We had to do a reset due to various issues and now he cannot sign into the App Store and Xbox Live with his Microsoft account. I have tried using my Microsoft account and still have the same problem. However we can login with a Local account.

I have tried logging in on my PC with his account and it works fine so it must be something on his PC preventing the login.

I have followed various remedies from the forum and none work, including resets, reinstalling the App Store, clearing the cache, running the troubleshooter.

I changed the settings in Internet explorer to match the ones on my PC but still no luck.

Also he cannot login to the MS feedback hub on his PC.

Please help!

:)

Bizzielizzie2019, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox Insiders Help validate Xbox Live PC sign-in experience Xbox

Source: Help us validate the Xbox Live PC sign-in experience! - Xbox Wire

Brink, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox Insiders Help validate Xbox Live PC sign-in experience

Source: Help us validate the Xbox Live PC sign-in experience! - Xbox Wire

Brink, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Norbie85 Win User

Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live

Unable to get Xbox App from Microsoft Store

Today when I tried to open my XBOX app it would not allow me to sign in. I kept getting a window that states:

Something went wrong. Please try again later.

0x80090016

Things I've tried:

• Resetting the Xbox and Store apps in the system settings
    • Running the built-in store apps troubleshooter
    • Turning the following services' launch method from manual to automatic and vice versa: Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking Service
    • Running this command in Powershell with administrator privileges: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Signing in with my local account, removing Microsoft account, creating a new user and signing in to the app from that user accont
    • Just restarting the PC

Still getting the same error.....

Getting VERY frustrated with windows.

Thank you in advance

Norbert

I tried resetting and repairing the Microsoft Store app but I'm still getting the same result.

Norbie85, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live

1. Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live - Similar Threads - Unable sign Microsoft

2. Sign-in error on Microsoft Store and the Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in error on Microsoft Store and the Xbox app: Hello all. I have been trying to resolve this problem for hours, I'm trying to sign in to my Microsoft Account on the Microsoft store, when i click sign in it is showing a pop-up screen for about half a second, not allowing me to sign in, same error with the Xbox app. Please...
  3. Sign-in error on Microsoft Store and the Xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in error on Microsoft Store and the Xbox app: Hello all. I have been trying to resolve this problem for hours, I'm trying to sign in to my Microsoft Account on the Microsoft store, when i click sign in it is showing a pop-up screen for about half a second, not allowing me to sign in, same error with the Xbox app. Please...
  4. Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app: Both apps have been fine up to now, but I recently got an error when trying to open the xbox app, saying to reinstall it. Tried uninstalling, but when I try to reinstall, I get the erroe below.I now can't open Microsoft store app, can't find it in installed apps to reset...
  5. Unable to sign into xbox live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into xbox live: I want to play Minecraft, but every time I start it up, it cant sign in. I have a VPN, but I disable it before starting Minecraft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-xbox-live/b2b955d3-7eae-428f-941c-1aa6d49e48f6
  6. Unable to sign into the Microsoft Store or Xbox Beta App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to sign into the Microsoft Store or Xbox Beta App: I have an issue with the Microsoft Store and Xbox Beta App where I am unable to sign. I am able to start the app no problem but when I click sign in on either app, nothing happens, no separate window or prompt to let me sign in and it feels like I tried everything but nothing...
  7. Unable to sign in to xbox live on pc

Unable to sign in to xbox live on pc: I'm trying to play phantasy star online 2 on pc. I know the install works because I played it for a couple days before this problem started happening. It looks like I've been signed out of xbox live, and am unable to sign in. My account is fine because I was able to sign in...
  8. Unable to sign in to Xbox App

Unable to sign in to Xbox App: Hi all So I'm trying to sign in to the Xbox App on Windows 10, but I am unable to do so. When I click "Sign In", a grey box appears which I'm assuming should be the sign-in box, which then disappears after a minute or so if the box shows at all. I first noticed this when...
  9. Unable to log in to microsoft store and games that use xbox live

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to log in to microsoft store and games that use xbox live: Hello, I can't login to my Microsoft account in the store and I tried it with the xbox app. The xbox console companion app said: "We were unable to sign in to Xbox Live" and "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated." The store app...
  10. Can't sign in to microsoft account on microsoft store and xbox live

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign in to microsoft account on microsoft store and xbox live: For some reason when i try to log into my microsoft account on microsoft store or on xbox app, it just has an error and says that "Something went wrong, please try again later." and 0x80090010. It's not when I put in password or anything it doesn't even ask me that. I just...