Windows 10: Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I signed in today, it comes up with a new format, as if I'm a new Windows 10 customer. All my settings and file access is not available. All of my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JanetBerg, Jun 9, 2020.

1. JanetBerg Win User

Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account

When I signed in today, it comes up with a new format, as if I'm a new Windows 10 customer. All my settings and file access is not available. All of my data is there under the User folder with my name, so, I know I haven't lost anything. The sign-on screen shows my first and last name, and signs me in as administrator. I usually sign in with a Microsoft account ID of my first name and "-PC." I went into settings/accounts and selected "Manage my Microsoft Account," which brought me to my account in Edge. I did find the device name firstname-PC there, and all looks fine, but it can't make the connection to have me sign in to it on my device. I tried switching users, but it doesn't find it. Please help.

:)

JanetBerg, Jun 9, 2020

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Unable to sign into a Microsoft account in Windows 10 or create new users

Hi Dhruv,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Are you facing the issue on a local or Microsoft Account?
    • Are you able to login and use other apps?
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the Microsoft Account to check if that helps.

If you still face issues with the store in Microsoft Account then you may want to reset the Store cache and check the status.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type, "WSReset.exe" and hit Enter.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account

Unable to use Cortana after signing into Microsoft Account

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are using a Microsoft Account or a Local Account.

I would like to inform that, if you are using a Local account, you will not be able to use Cortana. Cortana can be accessed only if the Microsoft Account is used as a User account. So, I suggest you to change the user account to a Microsoft account by following
    the steps below and check for status.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.

• In the right pane, click on Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead.

• Follow the on-screen prompts.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account

1. Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Unable sign user

2. Unable to sign in to User Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in to User Accounts: I have a Dell Latitude 5490 i7 8th laptop with 16 GB RAM & 512 GB SSD that I bought refurbished. Today, after finishing my work on the Administrator account, I tried to sign in to my user account named "USER - 1". However, even though I entered the correct pin, it displayed...
  3. Unable to sign into my laptop with my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into my laptop with my Microsoft account.: Hello. I did a factory reset on my laptop due to a drive issue and now I can’t sign into my Microsoft account after the factory reset. How do I fix this? First of all, it kept saying my password was incorrect then I tried signing in with my Microsoft Authenticator app and it...
  4. Unable to sign into my laptop with my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign into my laptop with my Microsoft account.: Hello. I did a factory reset on my laptop due to a drive issue and now I can’t sign into my Microsoft account after the factory reset. How do I fix this? First of all, it kept saying my password was incorrect then I tried signing in with my Microsoft Authenticator app and it...
  5. Unable to sign into my Microsoft Account on Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into my Microsoft Account on Minecraft: Okay so I was playing minecraft after I just downloaded it Bedrock edition and it wont let me sign into a microsoft account. My wifi works fine but every time I try to sign in it gives me an error screen.....Help.. [Moderator Edit: Changed title from "Help..."]...
  6. [Solved] Unable to sign into my Microsoft account

[Solved] Unable to sign into my Microsoft account: A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Home to version Version 20H2. They created my last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and not use my last name. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to Settings > Accounts...
  7. Unable to sign into my Microsoft account

Unable to sign into my Microsoft account: A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Home to version Version 20H2. They created my last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and not use my last name. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to Settings > Accounts...
  8. Unable to sign into game using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into game using Microsoft Account: Hey there, Community! I have seen a few folk having issues signing into some games on their PC/device, and been presented with an error 'something went wrong, please try again later' If you are greeted with this error message, please try the following troubleshooting...
  9. Unable to sign in to microsoft user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to sign in to microsoft user account: miscrosoft account sing in "You need to install an app for this task" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-in-to-microsoft-user-account/ded709da-dfff-4a4f-8bbf-96de589104fe
  10. Unable to sign in to my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to sign in to my account.: Split from this thread. Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot? It did nothing he steel hacking me so i cant sign in my accounts ***Modified title from: Being hacked. Can't sign in to my accounts.***...