Windows 10: Unable to sign in to the Xbox app for Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to sign in to the Xbox app for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I try and log in on the Xbox app, it shows me this screen and appears to go through the login process see screenshot: [IMG] However, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by forgetful51, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Unable to sign in to the Xbox app for Windows 10

Whenever I try and log in on the Xbox app, it shows me this screen and appears to go through the login process see screenshot:

Unable to sign in to the Xbox app for Windows 10 [​IMG]

However, after the login window closes, I am not logged in and am unable to do things I would be able to do if I was logged in install games etc.. I've tried the following:

- Turned my computer off and on again multiple times

- Reset my router

- Reset the relevent apps Xbox app and Xbox Companion App via Settings > Apps and Features > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Completely uninstalled both apps & installed Xbox games using Add or Remove Programs in Settings, then reinstalling them after turning my computer off and on again

- Doing the same thing with Powershell using the instructions here
    https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/game/remove-xbox-app-windows-10-3682948/

I've been in an Xbox Gamer chat for at least an hour and a half trying to sort this out and she suggested I post here, so that's what I'm doing. Any advice would be appreciated :

:)

forgetful51, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Can't sign in to xbox app on windows 10 laptop

Hi,

A corrupted file is one of the possible reasons as to why you can't sign in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. Changing some the network settings can help to resolve the issue. To change your network settings, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then type
      Internet Options in the search box.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click on the
      LAN settings button.
    • Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN, and then check
      Automatically detect settings.
    • Click OK, and then click OK
      again to save the settings.
    • Launch Xbox app and sign in again.

If you still unable to sign in to Xbox app, kindly reset the app from the Settings menu by performing the following steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select
      Apps & features
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Can't sign in to xbox app on windows 10 laptop

Thank you for that information. Let's try to clear the local Xbox identity data on your computer. This will help you remove the Xbox cache on Windows 10 that could be corrupted. To get started, kindly perform the following steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the address bar, paste the following: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    • If there are Accounts and Cache folders available make sure that you delete them.
    • After removing the cache, try to start Xbox app again.

If the troubleshooting didn't work, we suggest that you contact our Xbox Support team to further investigate what's causing you unable to sign in on the Xbox app. You may reach them on this
    link.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Ariel Acu, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Unable to sign in to the Xbox app for Windows 10

Windows 10 Xbox App Sign in error (0x409) 0x80070005

Hi,

Corrupted profile data, an outdated version of the app, and software conflicts that occur when signing in are some of the factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting issues with signing in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. Let's isolate
    your concern by answering the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device or to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Are you using the same Microsoft account to sign in to the Xbox app and your Windows 10 PC?
    • Are you using an administrator user profile?
    • Have you tried signing in to other built-in Windows 10 apps like the Store app to check if the same issue occurs?

Meanwhile, we suggest signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user data. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the
      Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select
      Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Sign in to the Xbox app and check if the same issue occurs.

Catherine Cus., Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to sign in to the Xbox app for Windows 10

1. Unable to sign in to the Xbox app for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable sign Xbox

2. Unable to sign into the Xbox app on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into the Xbox app on Windows 11: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer, and I have been trying to sign into the Xbox app ever since. I can sign into my Microsoft account in the store, and have done so on the PC, but whenever I attempt to sign in to my account in the Xbox app, it does not seem to...
  3. Unable to sign into the Xbox app on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign into the Xbox app on Windows 11: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer, and I have been trying to sign into the Xbox app ever since. I can sign into my Microsoft account in the store, and have done so on the PC, but whenever I attempt to sign in to my account in the Xbox app, it does not seem to...
  4. Windows 10 - Unable to sign in for XBOX app AND "immersive settings" crashes on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Unable to sign in for XBOX app AND "immersive settings" crashes on launch: Viewing event manager i see the following:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2075, time stamp: 0x4aa1ce82Faulting module name: usermgrproxy.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1741, time stamp: 0x59d786edException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset:...
  5. Windows 10 - Unable to sign in for XBOX app AND "immersive settings" crashes on launch

Windows 10 - Unable to sign in for XBOX app AND "immersive settings" crashes on launch: Viewing event manager i see the following:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.19041.2075, time stamp: 0x4aa1ce82Faulting module name: usermgrproxy.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1741, time stamp: 0x59d786edException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset:...
  6. Windows 10 - Unable to sign in for XBOX app AND "immersive settings" crashes on launch

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Unable to sign into the Microsoft Store or Xbox Beta App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to sign into the Microsoft Store or Xbox Beta App: I have an issue with the Microsoft Store and Xbox Beta App where I am unable to sign. I am able to start the app no problem but when I click sign in on either app, nothing happens, no separate window or prompt to let me sign in and it feels like I tried everything but nothing...
  8. Unable to sign in to Xbox App

Unable to sign in to Xbox App: Hi all So I'm trying to sign in to the Xbox App on Windows 10, but I am unable to do so. When I click "Sign In", a grey box appears which I'm assuming should be the sign-in box, which then disappears after a minute or so if the box shows at all. I first noticed this when...
  9. Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to sign in to Microsoft App Store & Xbox Live: My son has Windows 10 Pro on his PC. We had to do a reset due to various issues and now he cannot sign into the App Store and Xbox Live with his Microsoft account. I have tried using my Microsoft account and still have the same problem. However we can login with a Local...
  10. Xbox app on Windows 10 not signing in

Xbox app on Windows 10 not signing in: I just installed the Xbox app on my Windows 10 and I can use it and browse everything smoothly. The only problem is I CANNOT SIGN IN: whenever I click on sign in it just does nothing, no response, no action, absolutely nothing. When I click it multiple times it gives me the...