Windows 10: Unable to sign in to Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to sign in to Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to sign into Windows 10 on a laptop. Couldn't remember the passwords to the 2 ID's I have. Tried to sign in using my Microsoft account but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by T Krom, Oct 26, 2020.

1. T Krom Win User

Unable to sign in to Windows 10

I am trying to sign into Windows 10 on a laptop. Couldn't remember the passwords to the 2 ID's I have.

Tried to sign in using my Microsoft account but it said the password was incorrect. I am able to sign into

my account with the same email and password. Any suggestions?

:)

T Krom, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2020
  4. redrosex2 Win User

redrosex2, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to sign in to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable sign

2. Unable to sign into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to sign into microsoft account: I cant launch any games i bought from the microsoft store on my pc. The message that pops up says i must be signed in to play these games. I am signed in on the microsoft store but i am unable to sign in on the xbox game bar and xbox app on pc. The sign in button just doesnt...
  3. Unable to add or use PIN sign-in option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to add or use PIN sign-in option in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Signing in to your device with a four-digit PIN is the easiest way to […] This article Unable to add or use PIN sign-in option in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Unable to un-link or sign in to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to un-link or sign in to OneDrive: Onedrive will not allow me to sign in. When I open the app it has the option to sign in [ATTACH] Click on sign in and nothing it just disappears, if I go to settings my account is still linked, clicking the un-link account button does nothing... Clicking add account does...
  5. Unable to launch Sign in prompt ...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to launch Sign in prompt ...: when i hit sign in nothing happens... ive rebooted several times and no change every few clicks on the sign in text i see a “just a moment” with circular dots as if loading and brings me back to my name and the words ‘sign in’ underneath im using a HP laptop thanks...
  6. unable to extend dual monitor while signed in remotely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to extend dual monitor while signed in remotely: Hello- I have set up dual monitors to extend with my laptop and another monitor. This works perfectly until I sign into work remotely- than I am not able to extend the remote session over the two monitors??? I have windows 10 home and my work uses window 10 pro-- does...
  7. Unable to have sign-in without password since last upgrade

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to have sign-in without password since last upgrade: I am unable to sign-in with out using a password since getting the last upgrade (20H2, build 19402.630). I get the sign-in page but any password I put in does not work. I changed sign-in to use a pin. The pin screen does not show for over 2 minutes, then it works. I have...
  8. Unable to sign additional Microsoft user in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to sign additional Microsoft user in: I just got a new laptop and added an additional user. I am unable to sign in with this account. When password is entered the screen goes blank then returns to start screen. Please help!...
  9. unable to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to sign in: Hi I have just bought a new computer and I am trying to log in to my Hotmail account. I am using mail and calendar windows 10. I have my Hotmail account, with all the old emails, but when I try to send emails I get a message asking me to sign in to my account. If I open...
  10. [Solved] Unable to sign into my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [Solved] Unable to sign into my Microsoft account: A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Home to version Version 20H2. They created my last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and not use my last name. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to Settings > Accounts...