Windows 10: Unable to sign-in to Windows account

Discus and support Unable to sign-in to Windows account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have been unable to get into my computer. It accepts my password but I get an error message 'we can't sign into your account. Try signing out and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NancyPybus, May 1, 2019.

1. Unable to sign-in to Windows account

I have been unable to get into my computer. It accepts my password but I get an error message 'we can't sign into your account. Try signing out and back in again'. But this still does not work. I changed my e-mail address but the login is still showing my old address. I can login through the browser using my new address. Please help.

:)

NancyPybus, May 1, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Unable to sign into Windows

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the error you get while trying to sign in?
    2. When you say ‘0000’, are you referring to a PIN?
    3. Is it a local or Microsoft account, you use with Windows sign in?
    4. Do you see any other sign in options like password, fingerprint or facial recognition?
    5. Do you see any options on screen to reset your password?

If you are using the Microsoft account with Windows sign in, choose password option under sign in options and type in the Microsoft account password and let us know if it works.

Please get back to us with the information requested, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 1, 2019
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Unable to sign-in to Windows account

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, Unable to sign-in to Windows account :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Unable to sign-in to Windows account

1. Unable to sign-in to Windows account - Similar Threads - Unable sign account

2. Unable to sign in to User Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in to User Accounts: I have a Dell Latitude 5490 i7 8th laptop with 16 GB RAM & 512 GB SSD that I bought refurbished. Today, after finishing my work on the Administrator account, I tried to sign in to my user account named "USER - 1". However, even though I entered the correct pin, it displayed...
  3. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

Unable to sign into Microsoft account: Setting up new computer and it says “something went wrong. Try again” when I try to set up my account. I’m also not able to reach Microsoft sites via browser. Other sites are fine so device and network are working. Account is reachable on other devices so that’s not the issue...
  4. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account: Setting up new computer and it says “something went wrong. Try again” when I try to set up my account. I’m also not able to reach Microsoft sites via browser. Other sites are fine so device and network are working. Account is reachable on other devices so that’s not the issue...
  5. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.: Hi I am Akshansh,I have a problem after the latest windows update infinite update loading screen after a restart for update. I saw video on YouTube and it says that turn the computer OFF by press and holding Power button for some seconds. I did that.Now, the problem I'm...
  7. Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows: This all started with a reinstall of windows through settings > refresh due to a random shutdown bug that I pinned down to a driver, but couldn't quite fix. During that refresh, when windows asked me to sign into my Microsoft account, it popped up a crappy looking, internet...
  8. Unable to sign in to my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to sign in to my account.: Split from this thread. Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot? It did nothing he steel hacking me so i cant sign in my accounts ***Modified title from: Being hacked. Can't sign in to my accounts.***...
  9. Account unable to sign in

Account unable to sign in: Hello, My admin account is not showing on sign in screen and when I try to sign in using local account an error displayed showing 'The user profile service failed the sign in'. I try to boot in safe mode but the problem remain same .Please help....
  10. Unable to sign into my windows account.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to sign into my windows account.: I am not able to sign into my windows account on windows 10. I try going to the app store, and then I click sign in, and after I click on the box that says microsoft account, it quickly opens up a window and then closes it, and then nothing happens. I have also tried to go to...