Windows 10: Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello

Discus and support Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi All,I'm having an issue attempting to setup Windows Hello PIN within my organization. I have attempted to configure in both GPO and MDM Intune. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JCircuit13, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello

Hi All,I'm having an issue attempting to setup Windows Hello PIN within my organization. I have attempted to configure in both GPO and MDM Intune. I attempted both separately and together as I know there is a possiablily for conflict when configuring in both. In GPO on both Domain Controller and local machine attempted independently and together I configured both:Administrative Template > Windows Components > Windows Hello for Business > Use Windows Hello for Business = Set to EnableandAdministrative Template > System > Logon > Turn on Convenience PIN Sign-in = Set to Ena

:)

JCircuit13, Oct 11, 2021

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Face sign in is missing in windows hello

Hi Suvajit,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I suggest you to change the Sign In option and check if it helps.

To change Sign In option, follow the below steps.

• Type Setting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Select Sign In option on the left panel.

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 11, 2021
  4. Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello

Unable to use Windows Hello feature to sign in

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having difficulties using Windows Hello features on your Windows 10 PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the model number of the PC?
    • Are you able to login to the PC using Microsoft Password/PIN?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps after signing in to the user account using password and then check.

1. Sign-in to your Windows 10 Administrator account using password.
    2. Now; open your File Explorer and browse to the location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft
    3. Right click on the NGC folder and select
      Properties from the context menu.
    4. Under the "Security" tab, click on "Advanced" option.
    5. From the following window, next to the Owner section, click on the "change" link.
    6. Under the Enter the object name to select option, input
      Administrators if you are using administrator account, or the local user name.
    7. Click on Check Names and then
      OK
    8. Once you have followed all these steps, you should be able to enter
      NGC folder. Delete all the files from the folder
    9. After removing contents of the NGC folder, add a
      PIN/Face/Fingerprint by following the path: Click on Start Menu > Settings app > Account Settings> Sign-in Options> Add a
      PIN/Face/Fingerprint.

Also, follow these steps to reset the windows Hello on your PC.

1. Press the Win + R keys to open a Run dialog box
    2. Type services.msc and click OK.
    3. Scroll down and select Windows Biometric Service from the left pane.
    4. Right click on it and select Stop from the context menu
    5. Press the Win + E keys to open
      Windows/File Explorer

6. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase
    7. Copy and paste the .DAT files into a new folder on the desktop location
    8. Now delete/rename the .DAT files
    9. Now perform step 1,2 & 3
    10. Right click on it and select Start from the list that appears
    11. Restart the PC and add a
      PIN/Face/Fingerprint by following the path: Click on Start Menu > Settings app > Account Settings> Sign-in Options> Add a
      PIN/Face/Fingerprint.

If the issue still persists, then reinstall the Biometric driver from Device Manger.

1. Press Windows + X
      key and select Device Manager from the context menu.
    2. Spot and expand the “Biometric devices”.
    3. Right click on the driver and select
      “Uninstall”
    4. Check the box beside“Delete the driver software for this device”
    5. Click Ok.
    6. Restart the PC, then download and install the driver from Asus website.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello

1. Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Unable Sign Hello

2. Unable to see any of the Windows Hello Sign In Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see any of the Windows Hello Sign In Options: I want to set up my picture password for login but all I see is "Password" under ways to sign in and the radio button to allow Windows Hello for Sign in is disabled. Please help!...
  3. Unable to see any of the Windows Hello Sign In Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see any of the Windows Hello Sign In Options: I want to set up my picture password for login but all I see is "Password" under ways to sign in and the radio button to allow Windows Hello for Sign in is disabled. Please help!...
  4. Unable to Sign in Microsoft Account due to Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Sign in Microsoft Account due to Windows Hello: I'm trying to delete payment options in Microsoft Edge, but I can only do so through my Microsoft Account. However, when I try to sign in it only allows me to use Windows Hello to sign in, but the window that says "Sign in with Windows Hello or a security key. Your PC will...
  5. Unable to Sign in Microsoft Account due to Windows Hello

Unable to Sign in Microsoft Account due to Windows Hello: I'm trying to delete payment options in Microsoft Edge, but I can only do so through my Microsoft Account. However, when I try to sign in it only allows me to use Windows Hello to sign in, but the window that says "Sign in with Windows Hello or a security key. Your PC will...
  6. Windows Hello Sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Sign in: I never installed Hello pin in my device. Now every thing I want sync or change in PC needs that pin which i don't know. Reset Option is not available in the sing in option. Forgotten Pin does not work. I am stuck in somewhere from long and it is a loop. Can any one help...
  7. Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello: Hi All,I'm having an issue attempting to setup Windows Hello PIN within my organization. I have attempted to configure in both GPO and MDM Intune. I attempted both separately and together as I know there is a possiablily for conflict when configuring in both. In GPO on both...
  8. Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello

Unable to Sign in with Windows Hello: Hi All,I'm having an issue attempting to setup Windows Hello PIN within my organization. I have attempted to configure in both GPO and MDM Intune. I attempted both separately and together as I know there is a possiablily for conflict when configuring in both. In GPO on both...
  9. Unable to use Windows Hello feature to sign in

Unable to use Windows Hello feature to sign in: I'm not sure why I cannot use my fingerprint or my face as a secure way to unlock my laptop. My laptop is ASUS VivoBook. ***Original title: sign in options***...
  10. Windows hello sign in

Windows hello sign in: Hi Have clean installed windows 10 Version 1903 ,Build 18362.30 on and hp spectre laptop. Am unable to to activate windows Hello when logged with my domain account credentials. From a local account its working ok. Have tried editing the local group policy settings but...