Windows 10: unable to sign in

Discus and support unable to sign in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have just bought a new computer and I am trying to log in to my Hotmail account. I am using mail and calendar windows 10. I have my Hotmail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HamishNo1, Nov 1, 2020.

1. HamishNo1 Win User

unable to sign in

Hi

I have just bought a new computer and I am trying to log in to my Hotmail account.

I am using mail and calendar windows 10. I have my Hotmail account, with all the old emails, but when I try to send emails I get a message asking me to sign in to my account. If I open this message I am asked to sign in and validate my outlook account. When I try this it takes to the webpage 'outlook live' which shows all my emails and I am already signed it.

I just seem to be going round in circles.

Any suggestions.

Moved from: Outlook.com/ Email / Connecting to Outlook.com with apps and devices

:)

HamishNo1, Nov 1, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Unable to sign into Windows

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the error you get while trying to sign in?
    2. When you say ‘0000’, are you referring to a PIN?
    3. Is it a local or Microsoft account, you use with Windows sign in?
    4. Do you see any other sign in options like password, fingerprint or facial recognition?
    5. Do you see any options on screen to reset your password?

If you are using the Microsoft account with Windows sign in, choose password option under sign in options and type in the Microsoft account password and let us know if it works.

Please get back to us with the information requested, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Surface pro issue- Unable to Sign-in

Hi Lorna,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply to the following questions to better understand your query.

1. Do you mean that you are unable to sign in to your User Account?

2. If yes, are you using a Microsoft Account or a local account?

However, I would suggest you try using the On-screen keyboard. Follow the steps below.

1. Click on the ease of access icon and then select On-screen Keyboard.

2. If you are able to login using the on screen keyboard. You need to update your drivers in the Device Manager. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + R key to open run command. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.

• Expand Keyboard.

• Right-click on the Keyboard and select
      Update Driver Software

• Restart the computer and check.
    If you are unable to sign in to Microsoft account, you may recover your password by click on the link below and following the mentioned steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 1, 2020
  4. unable to sign in

Unable to sign in to my account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, in order to get more clarity and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps please reply with the answer to the below question:

1. Which accounts are you unable to sign in to?
    2. What happens when you try to sign in to your account?
    3. Are you seeing any error messages when you try to sign in to your PC?

If you are referring to the Microsoft account and if your Microsoft account has been compromised, it means that someone might be using your account to access your personal info or send spam. I suggest use the following guide to
    get back into your account, review your personal info and settings, and help prevent this from happening again. Refer the article on

How to access a compromised Microsoft account
    and try to reset your password. If the issue still persists you can follow the remaining steps mentioned in the article and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

unable to sign in

1. unable to sign in - Similar Threads - unable sign

2. Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer: Unable to sign into windows with password I have need new password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password-and-unable-to-sign-into-windows-on/a4819d5a-6b6e-41c9-b764-5ad203b68786
  3. Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer: Unable to sign into windows with password I have need new password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password-and-unable-to-sign-into-windows-on/a4819d5a-6b6e-41c9-b764-5ad203b68786
  4. Lost password and unable to sign into windows on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to sign into my microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to sign into my microsoft: A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 They created my last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and not use my last name. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to Settings > AccountsClicked "Sign in with...
  6. unable to sign into my microsoft

unable to sign into my microsoft: A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 They created my last name as the local account administrator. I want to sign into my Microsoft account and not use my last name. I did the following, but it didn't work: I went to Settings > AccountsClicked "Sign in with...
  7. unable to sign into my microsoft

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into windows —need new password: Windows not accepting password.. need new password to get into Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-windows-need-new-password/7d7aebc9-c92f-4538-8149-6abcc10c2d08
  9. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

Unable to sign into windows —need new password: Windows not accepting password.. need new password to get into Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-windows-need-new-password/7d7aebc9-c92f-4538-8149-6abcc10c2d08
  10. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade