Windows 10: Unable to sign into game using Microsoft Account

Discus and support Unable to sign into game using Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there, Community! I have seen a few folk having issues signing into some games on their PC/device, and been presented with an error 'something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nathan Roberts SunkNath, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Unable to sign into game using Microsoft Account

Hey there, Community!

I have seen a few folk having issues signing into some games on their PC/device, and been presented with an error 'something went wrong, please try again later'

If you are greeted with this error message, please try the following troubleshooting steps.

Making sure you have signed into the Xbox Companion App

Please make sure you have, and can, sign into the Xbox Companion App on your device. This App should be under Start > Xbox Companion App

If you get an error signing into this app, please take note of the error message and try and troubleshoot it. Depending on the error, we may have an article for you to use.

If your error message is new, please create a new thread here: Create New Thread

Please include:

• The error message you get when opening the Xbox Companion App
    • The error message yo get when trying to load the game you originally wanted to play
    • The troubleshooting methods you have tried

Make sure your game is on the latest update

To check that your game is on the most recent update, please go to start > Store > Click onto the ellipsis Icon ... > Downloads and Updates > Get Updates

Once your game has been updated, try again.

If you still have problems, please Create a New thread

Please include:

• The error message you get when trying to load your game?
    • What game it is your trying to load?
    • Can you load other games and apps on your device?
    • Troubleshooting methods you have tried?

Hope this helps,

Regards,

This thread has been locked to prevent questions from been posted to this thread. To ask a question regarding this error, please create your own thread on the community. People within the community can then answer your questions. Thanks :

:)

Nathan Roberts SunkNath, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Unable to sign into game using Microsoft Account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Mar 26, 2020
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Unable to sign into game using Microsoft Account

Unable to login with microsoft account

Hi,

Issues with signing in to a Microsoft account are usually happening due
    the two-step verification is turned on or you are traveling or using a new device.
    For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the sign in issue upon logging in to your computer?
    • Are you having the same error when you are trying to sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser? If yes, is the same issue happening even when you are using other web browsers?
    • Have you made any changes to your account before this issue occurred?
    • What changes have you made to your computer prior to having this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you read and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on these links:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to sign into game using Microsoft Account

1. Unable to sign into game using Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Unable sign game

2. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account: Setting up new computer and it says “something went wrong. Try again” when I try to set up my account. I’m also not able to reach Microsoft sites via browser. Other sites are fine so device and network are working. Account is reachable on other devices so that’s not the issue...
  3. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account: Setting up new computer and it says “something went wrong. Try again” when I try to set up my account. I’m also not able to reach Microsoft sites via browser. Other sites are fine so device and network are working. Account is reachable on other devices so that’s not the issue...
  4. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to sign back into computer using Microsoft account

Unable to sign back into computer using Microsoft account: I signed out of my Microsoft account on my pc. Upon attempting to sign back in I was prompted to enter the corresponding email "Sign in" and password "Enter password" associated with that account. I entered the correct password and was subsequently prompted to enter my...
  6. Unable to sign back into computer using Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign back into computer using Microsoft account: I signed out of my Microsoft account on my pc. Upon attempting to sign back in I was prompted to enter the corresponding email "Sign in" and password "Enter password" associated with that account. I entered the correct password and was subsequently prompted to enter my...
  7. Unable to sign back into computer using Microsoft account

8. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.: Hi I am Akshansh,I have a problem after the latest windows update infinite update loading screen after a restart for update. I saw video on YouTube and it says that turn the computer OFF by press and holding Power button for some seconds. I did that.Now, the problem I'm...
  9. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.: Hi I am Akshansh,I have a problem after the latest windows update infinite update loading screen after a restart for update. I saw video on YouTube and it says that turn the computer OFF by press and holding Power button for some seconds. I did that.Now, the problem I'm...
  10. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.