Windows 10: Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows

Discus and support Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This all started with a reinstall of windows through settings > refresh due to a random shutdown bug that I pinned down to a driver, but couldn't quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vivid-Butterscotch, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows

This all started with a reinstall of windows through settings > refresh due to a random shutdown bug that I pinned down to a driver, but couldn't quite fix. During that refresh, when windows asked me to sign into my Microsoft account, it popped up a crappy looking, internet explorer'ish screen. I signed in, the authenticator app on my phone presented me with the accept/deny login prompt. But then it made me create a local account. When I finished the install, I couldn't add my Microsoft account through settings > accounts. It would briefly pop up a grey window that would close shortly after. Updated windows and was met with the same issue.

So, I thought that was wired and tried the refresh again. Same problem. Installed from my 20.04 burned DVD, same problem. Now I'm out of ideas. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/Vivid-Butterscotch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vivid-Butterscotch, Aug 5, 2020

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows

Unable to login with microsoft account

Hi,

Issues with signing in to a Microsoft account are usually happening due
    the two-step verification is turned on or you are traveling or using a new device.
    For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the sign in issue upon logging in to your computer?
    • Are you having the same error when you are trying to sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser? If yes, is the same issue happening even when you are using other web browsers?
    • Have you made any changes to your account before this issue occurred?
    • What changes have you made to your computer prior to having this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you read and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on these links:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows

1. Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows - Similar Threads - Unable sign Microsoft

2. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account on Windows 10: Hi, I'm having difficulty signing in to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to sign in, I receive an error message saying "We can't sign you in right now. Please try again later." I've double-checked my credentials and tried signing in with a...
  3. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account on Windows 10: Hi, I'm having difficulty signing in to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to sign in, I receive an error message saying "We can't sign you in right now. Please try again later." I've double-checked my credentials and tried signing in with a...
  4. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account: Setting up new computer and it says “something went wrong. Try again” when I try to set up my account. I’m also not able to reach Microsoft sites via browser. Other sites are fine so device and network are working. Account is reachable on other devices so that’s not the issue...
  5. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account: Setting up new computer and it says “something went wrong. Try again” when I try to set up my account. I’m also not able to reach Microsoft sites via browser. Other sites are fine so device and network are working. Account is reachable on other devices so that’s not the issue...
  6. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

7. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.: Hi I am Akshansh,I have a problem after the latest windows update infinite update loading screen after a restart for update. I saw video on YouTube and it says that turn the computer OFF by press and holding Power button for some seconds. I did that.Now, the problem I'm...
  8. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.: Hi I am Akshansh,I have a problem after the latest windows update infinite update loading screen after a restart for update. I saw video on YouTube and it says that turn the computer OFF by press and holding Power button for some seconds. I did that.Now, the problem I'm...
  9. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Unable to sign into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to sign into microsoft account: I cant launch any games i bought from the microsoft store on my pc. The message that pops up says i must be signed in to play these games. I am signed in on the microsoft store but i am unable to sign in on the xbox game bar and xbox app on pc. The sign in button just doesnt...