Windows 10: Unable to sign into Microsoft account Windows 10; Error cannot access internet

Discus and support Unable to sign into Microsoft account Windows 10; Error cannot access internet in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, My computer was reset to factory initial conditions and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account on Windows 10. I receive errors... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MarcoCano1, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Unable to sign into Microsoft account Windows 10; Error cannot access internet

Hello,

My computer was reset to factory initial conditions and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account on Windows 10.

I receive errors stating that "it doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet" when in fact I am. "0x800704cf"

I then retry several times and receive an error "Oops something went wrong.

I've successfully logged onto my account via the website so I know the account and password are active and correct.

What's wrong?

Unable to sign into Microsoft account Windows 10; Error cannot access internet 3eb0064e-fff5-4d3b-869d-2ccae9bcbfe9?upload=true.png

:)

MarcoCano1, Dec 26, 2020

2. Unable to sign in to my account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, in order to get more clarity and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps please reply with the answer to the below question:

1. Which accounts are you unable to sign in to?
    2. What happens when you try to sign in to your account?
    3. Are you seeing any error messages when you try to sign in to your PC?

If you are referring to the Microsoft account and if your Microsoft account has been compromised, it means that someone might be using your account to access your personal info or send spam. I suggest use the following guide to
    get back into your account, review your personal info and settings, and help prevent this from happening again. Refer the article on

How to access a compromised Microsoft account
    and try to reset your password. If the issue still persists you can follow the remaining steps mentioned in the article and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Unable to sign into Microsoft account Windows 10; Error cannot access internet

Can't sign in to Microsoft account on Windows 10

Hi Greg, thanks for replying. I was unable to create a new local admin account:

• I successfully changed the local password using the steps in #1 but that did not fix the MA log in issue.
    • I followed the steps in #2 to create a new Local Admin account but was unable to finish the process. After clicking
      “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” I get an error message: Something went wrong. Try again ...
    • I also uninstalled my Norton firewall for the time being in case that was somehow blocking MA access to the Internet.
    Thanks for any other tips you might be able to give.

Johnny Mountains, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to sign into Microsoft account Windows 10; Error cannot access internet

1. Unable to sign into Microsoft account Windows 10; Error cannot access internet - Similar Threads - Unable sign Microsoft

2. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account on Windows 10: Hi, I'm having difficulty signing in to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to sign in, I receive an error message saying "We can't sign you in right now. Please try again later." I've double-checked my credentials and tried signing in with a...
  3. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account on Windows 10: Hi, I'm having difficulty signing in to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to sign in, I receive an error message saying "We can't sign you in right now. Please try again later." I've double-checked my credentials and tried signing in with a...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot access "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead": I cannot access "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" from my new laptop. [ATTACH] But I can access from Microfost Store App, Xbox App and OneDrive. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I already reinstalled Windows 10, but it was not resolved. Does anyone have any ideas...
  6. Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows 10: I refreshed windows to solve a driver side that was blue screening my PC, but would conveniently not leave a dunp file. During the refresh, when it came time to sign into my Microsoft account, a crappy looking login screen came up. I entered my email, and the authenticator...
  7. Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows: This all started with a reinstall of windows through settings > refresh due to a random shutdown bug that I pinned down to a driver, but couldn't quite fix. During that refresh, when windows asked me to sign into my Microsoft account, it popped up a crappy looking, internet...
  8. Unable to sign-in to Microsoft Store, Error: No internet connection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to sign-in to Microsoft Store, Error: No internet connection: I am trying to sign in to my Microsoft account on the app store and through apps and I see this message. I am connected to the internet and able to search the web. Can anyone assist with troubleshooting? Thanks! ***Original title: It doesn't look like you're connected...
  9. Cannot sign in Microsoft account on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in Microsoft account on Windows 10: Hi everyone, I tried to sign in Microsoft account instead of local account but It always show this message: How can i fix it? Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  10. Microsoft Account Sign-in no Internet Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Account Sign-in no Internet Access: I have already posted the question here Whenever I try to sign in to Microsoft Account (like in Excel or store), I get no internet message even though I have access to internet. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 build 18362.175 Here's the overview of my problem. Notice...