Windows 10: Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect).

Discus and support Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect). in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I bought my HP Envy DT two years ago, I also joined the Win 10 Build Community. This is the FOURTH time that Win 10 has done updates and then... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Emeraldrobertson, May 22, 2019.

1. Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect).

When I bought my HP Envy DT two years ago, I also joined the Win 10 Build Community. This is the FOURTH time that Win 10 has done updates and then fails to recognize my boot password and allow me to boot to windows. As this is an ongoing problem, WHY hasn't MS come up with a fix for this two year old problem yet? IT is destructive and extremely frustrating! To add to the frustration, I am visually impaired and rely on built in Win 10 magnification ( x 300) and my 30 inch screen attached to my DT in order to even use my computer. I live remotely, do not drive obviously and order almost everything I need online as well as pay all of my bills this way. I cannot afford to reinstall windows every-time an update decides to mess up my password entry. My boot up password is separate from my MS account password for security purposes so Login online to try and make that work does NOT work for my boot password. The pw hint I get tells me that my password has not changed so it is not the real problem. At this point, the only resource I seem to have is to pay a tech, once again, to make this right and that is not only uncalled for, expensive and unnecessary, it is simply unfair to all of the loyal customers of MS who doesn't seem to care much for dealing with the problems they create and pass off, to their shame, to their billions of customers who have little choice but to use MS windows since it is a monopoly and all computers come with it pre installed. MS has a responsibility here and they need to take it seriously! Please advise. Thank You!

***Modified Title from: Password unrecognized after Win 10 updates***

:)

Emeraldrobertson, May 22, 2019

2. Unable to sign in to Windows - Incorrect password

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

First, confirm the correct password is getting entered with some simple checks before resorting to more extreme measures:

• Click on the “eye” icon in the password field and view the password before hitting Enter.

• Verify the keyboard layout wasn’t changed during the upgrade, causing you to enter unexpected characters when typing. Press the Windows Key and the Spacebar at the same time to check the keyboard language and layout. While holding
      the Windows Key, press the spacebar repeatedly to change the keyboard layout.

• From another device, verify that you can successfully sign into
      http://account.live.com with the same Microsoft account email and password.

• If you are unable to sign-in, then Reset your password.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 22, 2019
  3. Simplifying updates for Windows 7 and 8.1

Just experienced this myself. I wanted to download the update because this is a massive problem and fresh installs of Windows 7 are still in my future. I don't have a problem using IE11 but...
    1. I add the download to my cart.
    2. Click on basket.
    3. Click on download.
    4. Window pops up asking to browse for folder.
    5. Click on it, UAC pops up demanding admin password. "No problem," I thought.
    6. Enter admin password. Nothing happens.
    7. Close window and repeat steps 3-6. Getting frustrated now.
    8. Right-click and select refresh.
    9. Repeat steps 4-6.
    10. WTF?
    11. Come to the sad realization I'll have to sign off and sign in as the admin account just to download a file.
    12. Give up.

Terrible indeed. I'll have to do it eventually though. *Frown Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect). :(

Edit:
    Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect). participation-medal.jpg

FordGT90Concept, May 22, 2019
  4. Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect).

After upgrading to Windows 10, I am unable to sign in.

Hi Donna,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

It is unfortunate that you are unable to sign -in to computer. Let me ask you;

• Are you still facing the issue?
    • Is the user name same as it was in previous version of Windows (before the upgrade)?
    Please refer to suggestions provided in the TechNet thread link below and check.

Incorrect password error on local account
    - can't log in

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect).

1. Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect). - Similar Threads - Unable sign Update

2. Signed in with an incorrect email or password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with an incorrect email or password: I'm trying to activate "account protection" in Windows Security. I am getting the message "You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or password." and I'm also getting the message to confirm that I'm not a robot and enter several characters, but it...
  3. Incorrect local password after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect local password after Windows 10 update: I updated my windows 10 and now i cannot login to use my computer. Once i turn on the system and put my password, it tells me incorrect password. I searched for solutions involving safe mode and throught the use if command prompt but i the command prompt and safe mode are...
  4. Laptop password incorrect after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop password incorrect after update: I chose the Update and Restart option on my computer. After the update was done, I entered my laptop password and it appeared to be incorrect. It is, however the right password. I saw on the Internet that it is a problem that occurs sometimes, but I did not find any working...
  5. Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update: I am unable to login to my computer after an automatic update of Windows10 last night. Keep getting "Incorrect Password". Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password-after-windows-10-update/7081620e-3392-4b2b-bac4-cfcdfd502630
  6. password is incorrect at sign on

password is incorrect at sign on: Hi, My Windows 10 machine which was working perfectly , has started giving this weird message "password is incorrect" from last few days. I believe this wto fix itas after a microsoft silent update. The password is correct. I tried various way to recover it. But since the...
  7. Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password

Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password: I restarted my computer and now I am unable to log in I have windows 10. It keeps telling me that "the password is incorrect. Try again." I am using the same password I have used since purchase six weeks ago. To give a history of yesterday, my daughters friend downloaded...
  8. Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password

Unable to sign in after windows update - windows does not recognise my password: Hi, For around a year now i have been unable to sign in to my computer after an update. I normally log in with a pin, but after the update it asks for a password. My password which i know is correct as i have changed it multiple times trying to solve this problem, does not...
  9. incorrect password on windows sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    incorrect password on windows sign in: I turn on my computer, my name appears and I try to enter my password. It tells me incorrect password and no option to reset it. I have checked cap locks, number locks and have tried to use the screen keyboard. When I click the icon to show password it is correct. I have...
  10. Incorrect password AFTER updating.

Incorrect password AFTER updating.: Ok so this has been driving me crazy for the last two months now. Everyday I log into my computer fine with my PIN number and my password. Finally after accepting a windows update time, once it restarts and asks for my password, it tells me that the password is incorrect....