Windows 10: Unable to Signin using Pin

Discus and support Unable to Signin using Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello,I have used the computer for over 4 years as of now.When I setup the login for the account I used a @gmail.com account, and I did not setup a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TempXD, Aug 12, 2021.

1. TempXD Win User

Unable to Signin using Pin

Hello,I have used the computer for over 4 years as of now.When I setup the login for the account I used a @gmail.com account, and I did not setup a password for a signin to the computer, I set up a pin.I was using the PC yesterday and decided to update it, the update stopped due to my power going out and when I started the PC again, it said “undoing changes”When I went to sign in again, the password for the account @gmail.com wasnt allowing me to enter a pin.It required me to enter a password, even when selecting the pin option in “sign in options” it was asking me to input a password to “setu

:)

TempXD, Aug 12, 2021

2. Unable to add a pin to signin on windows 10

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand you are unable to set a PIN for your account. To diagnose the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Unable to set PIN for log-in

Hi,

There is a possibility that this is due to . To properly isolate your issue, kindly verify the following:

• Did you encounter any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to troubleshoot the problem?
    • Which Windows 10 version/build is currently installed on your computer? To check, type
      winver in the search option.

In addition, you can try Jessen P's suggestion on this link
    to see if it will work for your issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Aug 12, 2021
  4. Dani Pun Win User

switching back to a pin# for window's10 signin

Hi Randy,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Is your old PIN still stored in the settings of your computer?
    • Is the option to sign in using PIN enabled in the settings of your device?
    Please follow the steps to check if PIN is enabled, go to Settings. Under
    Accounts, click on Sign in options and check under
    PIN if it asks you to Add or Change.

If PIN is already stored in the settings of your device, check if it shows as an option for signing in when your device is locked. If your have both PIN and Password, it will give you an option to choose which one to use.

Unable to Signin using Pin 1fe7a747-8cc5-404f-9f8f-acabcb56e286.png

Let us know how it goes.

Dani Pun, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to Signin using Pin - Similar Threads - Unable Signin using

2. Unable to signin and reset pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to signin and reset pin: We’re unable to login and cannot create a pin as we’re unable to access settings on our laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-signin-and-reset-pin/2f4fe828-5f75-446d-92e1-19619724ab6e
  3. Unable to signin and reset pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to signin and reset pin: We’re unable to login and cannot create a pin as we’re unable to access settings on our laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-signin-and-reset-pin/2f4fe828-5f75-446d-92e1-19619724ab6e
  4. Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option: Hi!My Windows 11 recently got updated and post the update, the fingerprint sensor stopped accepting the enrolled fingerprint. In past, during such issues, I was able to use the Password to sign in to Windows however, the only option I am getting now is to use the PIN which I...
  5. Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option: Hi!My Windows 11 recently got updated and post the update, the fingerprint sensor stopped accepting the enrolled fingerprint. In past, during such issues, I was able to use the Password to sign in to Windows however, the only option I am getting now is to use the PIN which I...
  6. Restoring PIN and Stop Bitlocker Signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Restoring PIN and Stop Bitlocker Signin: How can I stop the Bitlocker signin and restore my Microsoft Hello PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-pin-and-stop-bitlocker-signin/a8c665de-6343-47cf-acf2-ecc45ad318b7
  7. Unable to signin to WLM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to signin to WLM: I cannot singin to my Windows Live Mail . I continue to get a popup that reads To help protect your Online Id account you must signin again. Regardless of the times I attempt, this continues to block me out....
  8. signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signin: tried to login but wouldn't accept password, got code for for p/w but says can't use p/w I want because it's an old p/w. l've only ever used 1 p/w, so why can't l signin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signin/e4cdc405-8c86-48a2-99a8-42c3ea955bd6
  9. Trouble Setting up Pin Signin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble Setting up Pin Signin: I had to install a new hard drive and my pin has been removed. When I try to create the pin again it says I must be connected to the internet, but as you can see, I am connected to the internet. Somehow, I changed the settings and I am not sure what I did. I removed the pin...
  10. Unable to access signin options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access signin options: When ever I try to go to the useraccount etc tab in settings the box opens and just closes I get no error message or anything. I have tried going to settings from all the places you can and it makes no difference. Anyone else had this and if so is it fixable without a...