Windows 10: Unable to snap windows the first time

Discus and support Unable to snap windows the first time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am unable to snap windows to left or right side the first time. Here is a depiction of the issue: https://i.imgur.com/bnatqsm.gif The first time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aug21, Mar 18, 2020.

1. /u/aug21 Win User

Unable to snap windows the first time

I am unable to snap windows to left or right side the first time.

Here is a depiction of the issue: https://i.imgur.com/bnatqsm.gif

The first time the window snaps to one side, but doesn't trigger the show other windows that I can snap to the other side. The second time I press Win+arrow key again, then it snaps properly and shows other windows ready for snapping.

I have all the settings enabled related to the Snap settings.

It might be a monitor issue, but if a program's window is in full screen, I don't see any cutting at top or bottom corners. I use a HP 25es monitor and am unable to find a proper button to do scan and fix the screen fitting issue with its hardware buttons.

What should I try?

submitted by /u/aug21
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aug21, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Jake Win User
    How to disable Windows 10 window resize behavior after snapping?

I like Windows' snapping features, for the most part. I have trouble with one aspect of the feature, which resizes a window back to its previous size after snapping, if you move the window. I would rather keep the window at the snapped size.

Follow these steps to see what I mean:

1. Open a new window
      • Note the size of the window at this point
    2. Snap it to the side of the screen (Win + LeftArrow)
    3. Resize the window to be shorter
    4. Move the window to another spot

You will observe after step 4 that the window returns to the size it was in step 1. Windows remembers that size and recalls it when you move the window. Is there a way to have Windows keep the size I set via snap/resize instead of the previous size?

4. Unable to snap windows the first time

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Unable to snap windows the first time

1. Unable to snap windows the first time - Similar Threads - Unable snap

2. This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program. Unable to...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program. Unable to...: Keep getting the message, "This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program."Having issues downloading Fallout on the Microsoft Store. I don't believe I would need the Windows Insider program. I believe it could be a connection issue since the...
  3. This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program. Unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program. Unable to...: Keep getting the message, "This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program."Having issues downloading Fallout on the Microsoft Store. I don't believe I would need the Windows Insider program. I believe it could be a connection issue since the...
  4. This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program. Unable to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  6. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  7. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  8. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  9. Unable to uninstall Snap Camera

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to uninstall Snap Camera: I can't run Snap Camera. Task manager said it's not running even though when I click it, the webcam is off but the app isn't to running. I tried to find the files and cache but can't find it. I tried uninstall it but it already said I deleted the app even though I still can...
  10. Unable to uninstall Snap Camera from my PC

Unable to uninstall Snap Camera from my PC: Unable to uninstall Snap Camera from my PC. It shows that it looks like snap camera is running. Please close all instances of Snap Camera . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-uninstall-snap-camera-from-my-pc/86de35b8-2416-47f4-8e55-5b5ace2dce46