Windows 10: Unable to start a new incoming connection - error message

Discus and support Unable to start a new incoming connection - error message in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I try to start a new incoming connection but when finished, and setting up the connection I get an error message saying something like:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hoggorm, May 14, 2017.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Unable to start a new incoming connection - error message

Hi,

I try to start a new incoming connection but when finished, and setting up the connection I get an error message saying something like:

Incoming connection depend on the service Routing and Remote Access, and it could not be started. See the event log for more information.

I do not know where I find the event log, but more importantly: How can I start the Routing and Remote Access service?

:)

Hoggorm, May 14, 2017
  2. shaikh229 Win User

Using internet via bluetooth on 7610

"Now we'll set up an incoming connection: At the Network connections page choose “New Connection Wizard“. Choose Advanced Connection->Accept incoming connections or just incoming connection (depends on your Windows version). Select the "Communication cable
    between two computers" that you have added just now."

when i choose "accept incoming connections" i get the fllowing error:

"Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote access service which was unable to start. For more information check the system event log."

Plz help me!!!!

shaikh229, May 14, 2017
  3. Memory full message on E63

There is a good news and a bad news as well!!! I formatted my memory card as you suggested and am glad to tell you that I no longer get that message but I am unable to connect to the 2nd incoming call when m already all the active call.

when I try to connect to second incoming call, all I see is that the timer for the 2nd call also starts but I am unable to talk to the person.

Can you please help me out?

Globetrotter_25, May 14, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

For RDP, VPN, the Internet? Helps to know what are you trying to do with that machine, not just that you are having problems with connections. The Firewall is always the first culprit to look at if you are running one.

bro67, May 15, 2017
  5. Hoggorm Win User
    Thank you for replying. This is regarding trying to set up a Windows 10 VPN server.

Hoggorm, May 15, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Are you using a third party VPN software, or just using Windows crippled version of VPN. The standard is OpenVPN at this point. If you are having issues trying to get behind your Gateway from a remote location, you would need to have some type of Dynamic DNS connection from the computer or router to help remote connections to know what IP your gateway uses for the Public IP.

Setting up a VPN is known to cause hair pulled out. The biggest problem is trying to not work from the backwards principle. Gateway ports pointed to internal IP of the machine that is the VPN server. VPN Client software needs to know the IP if static through a Dynamic DNS website or you have a static IP purchased through your provider.

bro67, May 16, 2017
  7. Hoggorm Win User
    Hmm... I'm not sure I understand all you say there:

I do not use a third party VPN. I'm trying to set up a VPN through Windows and it is here I get the error message that the service Routing and Remote Access will not start... This has worked before, but it stopped working about four-five weeks ago.

I do not have a static IP, but use whatismyip.com to check it before I connect to my VPN. In this case however the problem with starting the routing and remote access service prevent me getting this far.

I have also set up my router with port forwarding to the computer that is supposed to host the VPN, but again, since the mentioned service is not started there is no VPN server to look for.

Now ideally I'd like to have my iPad to be able to connect to my home network via VPN, but unfortunately the Windows VPN options is not supported by Apple.

I've looked at OpenVPN, but it appears to be too high-tech for me. I'm no computer expert at all. If there is an easy tutorial I could follow somewhere that would allow me to set up one of the following Apple supported VPN at home I'd love to hear about it (and I do not want a VPN to another country or similar (this is not a VPN I will use to hide my location) - I need a VPN from where I am back to my home and private internet)

IKEv2
    IPSec
    L2TP

Hoggorm, May 17, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

I fully understand. I did not just get off of the boat yesterday. There is plenty of information out there on VPN's, along with the difference between each security and why you cannot use a non-sticky Dynamic IP to connect to.

Trying to use a VPN or RDP (Huge security hole, which allowed Wannacry and its variants to infect computers that may have blocked SMB v1). If you have a Dynamic IP not Static, you need ot follow the information that I posted. Otherwise you are not going to get anywhere, unless you use the other option over VPN, which is Teamviewer.

You are best to go with a router that has OpenVPN as a part of the Firmware. OpenVPN is now the standard when it comes to setting up an dusing VPN's. As for the forms of security for a VPN, each one has its plus and minuses.

bro67, May 24, 2017
  9. Hoggorm Win User
    I do in fact have TeamViewer on. Maybe this could be my solution if the TeamViewer VPN can be turned on permanently?

I guess there are tutorials around on how to set up such a server. I'll have a look.

Thank you!

Hoggorm, May 24, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    The newest version of Team Viewer offers better security and options for version 12. Team Viewer has finally matured to meet demands. Especially that you can roll your own API's for the paid version out.

bro67, May 24, 2017
  11. Hoggorm Win User
    I see. As mentioned I am not very good with computers. If the TeamViewer VPN is easy to set up I hope it suits my needs.

Hoggorm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to start a new incoming connection - error message - Similar Threads - Unable start incoming

2. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create incoming connection: I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."When I check...
  3. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create incoming connection: I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."When I check...
  4. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. New Incoming Connection

New Incoming Connection: Im trying to host my own vpn on my pc but I am unable to create a new incoming connection, I keep getting this errorIf anyone knows how to fix this, id greatly appreciate it....
  6. Can't create Incoming connections Windows 10 - error

Can't create Incoming connections Windows 10 - error: Hi, I've been trying to create an incoming connection and get an error I can't get around. I have 3 computers running: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Build 19042.630 (updated yesterday). Two of the computers have the error, and one did not. (I successfully created incoming...
  7. Block incoming connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block incoming connections: Hi, I have a netgear router and the router log shows it is detecting and hopefully blocking incoming connections like port scans or DoS attacks. But McAfee running on my Win10 machine shows it is also blocking connections from external computers around the world trying to...
  8. Incoming connections blocked

Incoming connections blocked: Hi, I am having an issue where I can connect to and access shared folders on other windows computers on the same network but when they try to access my computer(via network places, run command with the IP and with the computer name) it is giving me the error "Windows cannot...
  9. Unable to start Virtual Machine, Error message: "Validation" Failed to start.

Unable to start Virtual Machine, Error message: "Validation" Failed to start.: Hi, This errors started when a windows10 update was pushed to my windows7 laptop. I had two vms working great in windows7 now both generate the same error. yesterday i downloaded a win10 vm and it starts with the same error. i notice when any of the vms try to start they get...
  10. Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection.

Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection.: Hi, I'm having a tough time creating a new incoming connection on my Windows 10 pc. I'm trying to create a VPN so that my laptop can connect to a NAS drive on a LAN network, both in and out of the office. At the end of the 'Allow connections to this computer' wizard, it...