Windows 10: Unable to start any apps located in WindowsApps

Discus and support Unable to start any apps located in WindowsApps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Since a few weeks I have been unable to access apps located in the hidden 'Program Files/WindowsApps/' folder. Apps such as Skype and Acer Care... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ftpetersma, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Unable to start any apps located in WindowsApps

Hi,

Since a few weeks I have been unable to access apps located in the hidden 'Program Files/WindowsApps/' folder. Apps such as Skype and Acer Care Centre give the following error when started:

"The parameter is incorrect"

I have already done a factory reset of Windows, which did not solve the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

:)

ftpetersma, Apr 24, 2019
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu Programs Incorrect Location

Hi Kat,

As you are unable to open the program from Start screen. I would suggest you to right click on it and click on
    Unpin from Start. Browse to the file location, right click on it and select Pin to Start to set it properly.

To change the Start settings, follow these steps:

• Click on Search and type “Start settings” without quotes.
    • Click on the Start settings (System settings).
    • It will open the Personalization window with Start settings.
    • From here you can make the necessary changes.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Unable to start any apps located in WindowsApps

Unable to delete windowsapps folders created after changing location of microsoft app installation.

Do exactly these steps. UI based take ownership seems to have some issues.

1. Admin cmd prompt to take ownership - (takeown /f WindowsApps /r /d y)
    2. Go to advanced perms on folder.
    a. Disable inheritance (recursively).
    b. Remove each user/account from access list one at a time, leave active MSA owner with full perms.
    3. rd /s

Scott Herrboldt, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Unable to start any apps located in WindowsApps

1. Unable to start any apps located in WindowsApps - Similar Threads - Unable start apps

2. App unable to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App unable to start: I cant start my photo app in my Windows 10. It got error message that this app is unable to start. I can open it yesterday without any issue but now I cant. I checked on the store if there is any update on the app but I failed. I have important photos and I need to open the...
  3. App unable to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App unable to start: I cant start my photo app in my Windows 10. It got error message that this app is unable to start. I can open it yesterday without any issue but now I cant. I checked on the store if there is any update on the app but I failed. I have important photos and I need to open the...
  4. Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete 'WindowsApps' folder: I used to use the desktop Xbox app. I no longer do and it has left a 25GB folder on my drive that I can't delete. I've taken ownership of the folder, which was a hastle in the first place, but now even after taking ownership I can't delete it or it's contents. I've tried...
  5. unable to install any app

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to install any app: I am not able to open exe files and also cannot install chrome.It is showing regedit not found.I am not able to open regedit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-any-app/03727c03-31d1-4ac4-9248-efcc78d59251
  6. Unable to change app location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change app location: [ATTACH] Hi guys, I have 3 drives in my PC, C: D: and F:. C is for Windows and Ubuntu, D: is for photos, videos, TV etc, and F: is for games. I recently had to do a clean install of Windows and as such, my files on C: are "new" and F: are "old". Because of that, I'm...
  7. WindowsApp Folder on F drive can not be set a app installation location.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApp Folder on F drive can not be set a app installation location.: When I try to set my F drive as the default install location for apps, I get an error saying "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?" After clicking Yes I get a new error saying "The operation...
  8. Unable to start Network Location Awareness service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to start Network Location Awareness service: Hi all, Can anyone advise how to get the Network Location Awareness service running again? It seems that because this service isn't running, Windows isn't "aware" that I'm online. And because it's not aware, I'm experiencing other issues eg it thinks my Windows isn't...
  9. Unable to install any apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install any apps: Hi. Recently something very strange happens in my PC. If I install an app from the Microsoft Store, the app can never be downloaded. It is always in downloading queue. If I install an app from an Internet source I trust, I got the following annoying file when running an...
  10. Maps App - Directions can't find any starting location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps App - Directions can't find any starting location: Hi, I almost never use the apps MS supplies. Reading a post, I thought I'd try Maps, and in particular its Directions feature. However, the starting point can never be found. I get Try entering a nearby location as the starting point. We couldn't find this one. I've tried...