Windows 10: Unable to start any VM in Hyper V in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to start any VM in Hyper V in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [FrCtUtilities::UpdateFRCTFilesTime@2226] Caught exception: The system cannot find the file specified. 0x80070002... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SubhashK_P, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Unable to start any VM in Hyper V in Windows 10

[FrCtUtilities::UpdateFRCTFilesTime@2226] Caught exception: The system cannot find the file specified. 0x80070002

vm\service\fr\frctutilities.cpp2223\vmms.exe!00007FF6629FE63F: caller: 00007FF662D6B76A Exception3 tid146c 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified.

[FrCtUtilities::UpdateFRCTFilesTime@2226] Caught exception: The system cannot find the file specified. 0x80070002

internal\onecorevm\private\inc\wpsecurity.h356\vmms.exe!00007FF662890856: caller: 00007FF6627774E8 Exception4

tid6138 80070057 The parameter is incorrect.

vm\service\resmgr\common\resourcepoolbase.cpp129\vmms.exe!00007FF66285C48A: caller: 00007FF66277B083 Exception5 tid6138 80070005 Access is denied.

vm\service\resmgr\common\resourcepoolbase.cpp1031\vmms.exe!00007FF66285C986: caller: 00007FF6627DA3E7 ReturnHr1 tid6138 80070005 Access is denied.

Msg:[vm\service\resmgr\common\resourcepoolbase.cpp129\vmms.exe!00007FF66285C48A: caller: 00007FF66277B083 Exception5 tid6138 80070005 Access is denied.

:)

SubhashK_P, Aug 20, 2020

2. Unable to start VMs in Hyper V in Windows 10 1903.

Hi;

My name is Abdirahman, I am an independent advisor and Windows 10 user. I am happy to help with your request

To fix the issue with VMs on Hyper-V, please following info below before taking any action

Your machine:-

- Make you sure the BIOS is up-to-date

- Make sure that Virtualization Technology is enabled ((Intel or AMD))

Windows 10:-

- Make sure that Windows 10 is up-to-date, latest Windows 10 Build 2004

- On "Control Panel" go to "Programs and Features" then click "Turn Windows Features On/Off"

- Disable ((Virtual Machine)) and ((Hyper-V)) then reboot

- Again Enable ((Virtual Machine)) and ((Hyper-V)) then reboot

- Check the network driver is up-to-date

Try to create a new virtual machine:-

- Hit "Windows Logo" and type "Hyper-V"

- From there you can start creating virtual machines and installing different OS systems.

More info see the links below:-

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1520310-...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

Let me know if you need any assistants

Thank you

Kind regards

Abdirahman

Abdirahman Issa, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Schism082 Win User
    No Internet in Hyper-V VM's

Hi, I have Windows 10 Enterprise and just added Hyper-V. I had 3 VM's on VMware Player and deleted and uninstalled Player. I have 3 Vm's on Hyper-V. My problem is I get no Internet on my Vm's. I am new to Hyper-V and would like to know how to connect these
    to the internet. I have "Virtual switch (automatic)" selected. They show no connections available in the VM's. How do I connect to the internet? (I'm on wifi.) I'm attaching a screenshot. Thanks

Unable to start any VM in Hyper V in Windows 10 a5a649f6-ec4d-4915-ad8b-d1e2d2a5cafa.png

Schism082, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Unable to start any VM in Hyper V in Windows 10

Move Hyper-V VM Without Reactivating?

According to this (How do I avoid needing to activate Windows when I move a VM? [Hyper-V]) link it is possible to move a Hyper V VM to a new host without having to reactivate the guest OS by exporting
    it and importing it. Are there any additional steps I should know about or is it as simple as find the export and then import (on the new host) options/buttons?

EvenNotOdd, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to start any VM in Hyper V in Windows 10

1. Unable to start any VM in Hyper V in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable start Hyper

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Unable to connect to vm's in Hyper V Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to connect to vm's in Hyper V Manager: Please help, i have installed hyper v manager and created virtual machines .While i click the connect option and it loads for a 5 seconds and then disappears . I have tried vmconnect too also , but same result. Tried Hyper V Quick create and it is crashing . While i check...
  5. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  6. Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM: I have a Windows 10 Pro machine which supports virtualization. I want to create a hyper-V VM running Windows 10 as the guest host. I have some questions on licensing and any activation issues that might occur I expect I'll need to buy a 2nd Win 10 license Does it need...
  7. How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?

How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?: If there is a tutorial already, I cannot find it here as most of the hyper-V references are about getting Hyper-V working. I have: - Physical Notebook running Windows 10 Home (with key of course) - Physical Notebook running Window 10 Edu (with key of course) - Hyper-V...
  8. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  9. Hyper-V problem with starting a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit .1607)

Hyper-V problem with starting a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit .1607): Hello, i've been experiencing problems with Hyper-V since last weeks thursday (09-03-2017, DD-MM-YYYY) trying to run it on Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit (up to date) with Hyper-V enabled. For some reason Hyper-V doesn't want to start any VM from my Windows 10 Enterprise...
  10. Hyper-V Windows 10 Batch file to start/stop VM on command

Hyper-V Windows 10 Batch file to start/stop VM on command: I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10. I am using the PC for media playback / gaming in big screen and rarely see the desktop. I have an service running and APP on my phone, so i can start batch files and programs without the need for a KB/M. I have just setup a VM, but i...