Windows 10: Unable to start CMD from command line using switch -verb runas

Discus and support Unable to start CMD from command line using switch -verb runas in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was able to start cmd as administrator from cmd/powershell using the following command: start cmd -verb runas I am no longer do so. The command... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChandanKumar2010, May 24, 2020.

1. Unable to start CMD from command line using switch -verb runas

I was able to start cmd as administrator from cmd/powershell using the following command:

start cmd -verb runas

I am no longer do so. The command fires up a new cmd window but without admin privelege.

I am not aware which update or changes blocked this functionality.

It causes loss of productivity as I have go to start menu to start cmd as administrator.

:)

ChandanKumar2010, May 24, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Unable to start CMD from command line using switch -verb runas :)

3. Unable to find "runas" and other commands!

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you. Command prompt from recovery environment does not support several users so there cannot be runas. PowerShell in not supported in this environment too.

You need to restore normal boot or reinstall Windows first.

Please run diskpart program and show the result of list disk command.

Igor Leyko, May 24, 2020
  4. ryanly Win User

Unable to start CMD from command line using switch -verb runas

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Unable to start CMD from command line using switch -verb runas

1. Unable to start CMD from command line using switch -verb runas - Similar Threads - Unable start CMD

2. wuauclt.exe CMD command lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wuauclt.exe CMD command lines: 04/22/2022 - 10:59Hello,I am studying in a computer science school, and I work in a telecommunication company sandwich course. I have a project to do to validate my year.I have a Windows server 2012 R2.My goal is to update my computer with command lines.I have the constraint...
  3. wuauclt.exe CMD command lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wuauclt.exe CMD command lines: 04/22/2022 - 10:59Hello,I am studying in a computer science school, and I work in a telecommunication company sandwich course. I have a project to do to validate my year.I have a Windows server 2012 R2.My goal is to update my computer with command lines.I have the constraint...
  4. Unable to hibernate from the command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to hibernate from the command line: I used to be able hibernate Windows 10 from the command line using a shortcut but for some reason it’s stopped working. The command has always been "shutdown.exe /h /t 0" but the shortcut no longer works. When I copy and paste the same line into a Command Prompt window it...
  5. Unable to hibernate from the command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to hibernate from the command line: I used to be able hibernate Windows 10 from the command line using a shortcut but for some reason it’s stopped working. The command has always been "shutdown.exe /h /t 0" but the shortcut no longer works. When I copy and paste the same line into a Command Prompt window it...
  6. Unable to hibernate from the command line

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Unable to find "runas" and other commands!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find "runas" and other commands!: Windows 10 - I think my system variable path is messed up! because I'm not able to run any commands such as powershell or runas from the command prompt after booting to a bootable disk and going to command prompt for troubleshooting. Error - Runas or Powershell is not...
  8. Sending password from a script for runAs command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sending password from a script for runAs command: Hello, Currently working on a code to stop and start a windows services with administrator credentials from a java programming language. Was researching on runAs command but couldn't pass send password either through piping the command or by reading the password through a...
  9. Pin a separate shortcut with command line switch to start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin a separate shortcut with command line switch to start: Windows treats multiple shortcuts to the same exe as a single pin. I have an excel shortcut where I have inserted a command line switch in the target path. I want to pin both normal excel shortcut and the second shortcut with the command line switch. It treats them as one....
  10. CMD Popup (Arguments in the command line are invalid)

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD Popup (Arguments in the command line are invalid): Hey guys Recently installed a new SSD into my laptop and fresh copy of Win 10 Enterprise I'm getting a random CMD popup every now and again, still trying to catch it with a screenshot next time I see it. But what I could manage to read while it briefly pops up is something...