Windows 10: Unable to start Excel and Word

Discus and support Unable to start Excel and Word in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and I have on my machine Office 2016. I have the icons for word, excel and one note on the task bar. One note will open with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dean475, May 11, 2019.

1. Dean475 Win User

Unable to start Excel and Word

I have windows 10 and I have on my machine Office 2016. I have the icons for word, excel and one note on the task bar. One note will open with the usual double click on its icon however neither word nor excel will open without highlighting the icon and selecting open as administrator. I am also experienceing difficulty with some other apps but if I can get this problem solved I will tackel the others later.

Any ideas

Thanks

Dean

:)

Dean475, May 11, 2019

2. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, May 11, 2019
  3. unable to save files in Excel and Word

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to save files in Excel and Word.

I would suggest you to follow the below path in Excel and as well as for Word.

File > Options > Trust Centre > Trust Center Settings > Trusted Documents,

Check the option for Allow documents on a network to be trusted

Additionally, also refer to the below link for more information.

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/891636

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 11, 2019
  4. Unable to start Excel and Word

ALL OF MY EXCEL & WORD DOC FILES

Hi Daniel,

We would like to know more about your concern. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are the Excel and Word documents the only files affected?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to start Excel and Word

1. Unable to start Excel and Word - Similar Threads - Unable start Excel

2. Excel Word Highlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel Word Highlight: Yellow highlight shows as green. however it prints out as yellow. also shows green on a different monitor. how do i correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-highlight/8b798bcd-b5a0-4bb8-b2e8-6f24b6c4c124
  3. Excel Word Highlight

Excel Word Highlight: Yellow highlight shows as green. however it prints out as yellow. also shows yellow on adifferent monitor. how do i correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-highlight/60cb53d2-2341-4366-a750-28f345a560a3
  4. Word & Excel do not open

Word & Excel do not open: Hi. When I try to open excel, I have the following message: "Microsoft Excel isn't currently your default program for viewing and editing spreadsheets. Do you want to select file types that Excel should open?" I chose "Yes" and tried to follow but came to nothing. Word...
  5. Pinned excel/word start menu shortcuts not working

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Pinned excel/word start menu shortcuts not working: I have used the method described here https://www.thewindowsclub.com/pin-f...enu-windows-10 to add shortcuts to office docs to the start menu/tiles. The shortcuts appear immediately (no restart required) but they only open the program and not the actual document. Eg. Excel or...
  6. Pinned excel/word start menu shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned excel/word start menu shortcuts not working: I have used the method described here https://www.thewindowsclub.com/pin-f...enu-windows-10 to add shortcuts to office docs to the start menu/tiles. The shortcuts appear immediately (no restart required) but they only open the program and not the actual document. Eg. Excel or...
  7. Using Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Word and Excel: I recently upgraded to a new computer with Windows 10 . I can't use Word or Excel. I can only look and print what is there! I can't edit or create new documents like I could with Windows XP. I don't really think I improved my computer if I can't use these programs. Help...
  8. WORD/EXCEL DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WORD/EXCEL DISAPPEARED: I just recently reinstalled my Windows 10 and now I can not find Word, Excel or any other Office applications on my computer. I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years now, after upgrading Windows 7. This is the second time I reinstalled my windows and it's the...
  9. cannnot open excel or word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannnot open excel or word: I cannot open office or word today. I am on a time crunch and I m not sure what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cannnot-open-excel-or-word/15f4675b-a2ea-4052-9d20-60989f3f93bf
  10. Unable to open excel or word after a restore

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to open excel or word after a restore: Hello! I've had problems for last couple of days with duplicate drives appearing in the navigation window. After trying lots of things I decided to restore to before the last windows update. Everything seemed ok until I tried to open Excell, I get an error message "not...