Windows 10: Unable to start games

Discus and support Unable to start games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I start a game from the desktop or the folder, the desktop or this folder stops responding with circling dots. This issue appeared yesterday and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cosmin Apostu, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Unable to start games

When I start a game from the desktop or the folder, the desktop or this folder stops responding with circling dots. This issue appeared yesterday and I cannot start any game.
    To troubleshoot the issue I tried to go to the task manager to restart the Explorer. It didn’t help

:)

Cosmin Apostu, Mar 19, 2020

2. Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Unable to Launch Games such as Gears 4

Hi,

An outdated version of the Windows Store is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to launch any games from Windows Store. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Step 2: Re-register the Store App and check.

• Right click on Start button on the desktop and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Here, User Account Control window pops up and click on Yes to open Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
    • Type the below command in the Command Prompt: powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Unable to start games

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Unable to start games

1. Unable to start games - Similar Threads - Unable start games

2. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game: i can run genshin impact just fine as well as other games but for some reason i cant start farlight 84 i tried the command prompt method my driver are up to date i tried the region thing please help screenshot not mine i deleted the game for now...
  3. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game: i can run genshin impact just fine as well as other games but for some reason i cant start farlight 84 i tried the command prompt method my driver are up to date i tried the region thing please help screenshot not mine i deleted the game for now...
  4. Start a game

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start a game: While I was started a game, It took a mistake. What should I do? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-a-game/c6e3c4e4-8f2a-4331-9a10-669045ae2484
  5. Laptop unable to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop unable to start: My laptop is unable to start and goes to the automatic repair mode everytime i restart. Then i am brought to the page as seen in the photos below. Restarting would loop me back to the same page. And i am unable to reset my PC as it requires a recovery key which i will only be...
  6. epic games the application was unable start correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    epic games the application was unable start correctly: hi, i have been getting this error on my computer for a few days.I downloaded all .dlls but still the error has not been fixed. I will be glad if you help...
  7. Unable to start windows

Unable to start windows: When starting the computer I get the password screen and enter my password. I then get a black screen with an error message "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub...\LocalBridge.exe Element not found CNTL ALT DEL does nothing I can not start it...
  8. Unable to start games from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to start games from Store: I am unable to start the games (all the games!!) I download from the Store. I press the start, it flashes but nothing happens. I tried updating Windows, Store, the games with no avail...
  9. Unable to start up an installed game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to start up an installed game: I have been unable to start up Seekers Notes Hidden Mystery for the last 2 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-start-up-an-installed-game/7d8e12d0-8325-47ba-bb40-975785cda167
  10. Game is not starting

Game is not starting: My game FIFA 13 is not working after update. When I click on the game, it starts for a few seconds and crushes. I’m asking you for help because I cannot find the solution anywhere....