Windows 10: Unable to start PC past recovery

Discus and support Unable to start PC past recovery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I need help. My PC doesn't want to start past the recovery page and I've tried everything. Nothing works. Ive tried to reset, startup repair, boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tien Tiang Hoon, May 16, 2020.

1. Unable to start PC past recovery

Hi! I need help. My PC doesn't want to start past the recovery page and I've tried everything. Nothing works. Ive tried to reset, startup repair, boot to safe mode, uninstall updates, system restore and system image recovery. They all fail and this is really frustrating me. Help!

I'm running Win10 Pro on Build 1909 on my

Samsung PM830 128gb ssd boot disk

:)

Tien Tiang Hoon, May 16, 2020

2. Unable to boot the PC, stuck in recovery mode screen​

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to boot the PC normally as it is stuck in recovery mode.

1. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    2. What is the exact make and model of the PC?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Boot the PC into safe mode with networking and check if you are able to login. Refer the article to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    From a black or blank screen.

Method 2:

Perform a system restore to revert the PC back to the state when everything was working fine. Refer the article

Recovery options in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Note:
    Do not reset the PC; resetting the PC will remove all the data and installed programs from the PC.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 16, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    My pc does not get past the Mfr name in booting up

Hi Bill,

There may have been changes with the system that's why you are unable to get past the manufacturer screen when you boot up the PC. It's important we look into the possible causes to come up with the best resolution to the problem. Please answer these questions:

• Did you make any changes on the computer before this started?
    • Did this start after installing updates?

You can try removing all peripheral devices connected to your computer and see if there will be any changes when you boot it up. It is possible that the driver of the external device prevents your computer from booting up correctly.

You can also access the recovery environment in Windows 10 and try one of the available options to repair your system. The different options are explained on this

page

Since you are unable to log in to Windows, follow these steps to access the recovery environment:

• Restart the computer while holding down the Shift key on your keyboard.
    • If the first step does not work, you can force the computer to shut down by pressing the power button or unplugging the power cord when you boot it up. This process may need to be performed a few times before you get to the recovery options.

Let us know if the suggestions above allow you to get back into your computer.

Feel free to post your questions if you have any.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, May 16, 2020
  4. Unable to start PC past recovery

Unable to install Windows device recovery tool on pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to install the Windows device recovery tool on the pc.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Is the issue specific to this Windows device recovery tool?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you logged in as admin on the pc?

I suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps.

Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check the tool installation status. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere
    with the system. These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Download the latest tool here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IN/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/recover-my-phone

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to start PC past recovery

1. Unable to start PC past recovery - Similar Threads - Unable start past

2. Recovery - PC not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery - PC not starting: Hello, I am unable to access my computer because I keep getting this message please see attached. I tried to boot from a bootable USB with windows but it wasn't allowing me to fix the issue. I have important files on my desktop Yes, I know, not smart and I would like to...
  3. Recovery - PC not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery - PC not starting: Hello, I am unable to access my computer because I keep getting this message please see attached. I tried to boot from a bootable USB with windows but it wasn't allowing me to fix the issue. I have important files on my desktop Yes, I know, not smart and I would like to...
  4. Recovery - PC not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset: I reset my PC from within Windows and chose to have it erase everything and reinstall Windows 10. BitLocker was previously enabled, but was disabled during this step. Upon booting the computer, there is no Dell screen or anything, it just goes straight to the BitLocker...
  6. Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset: I reset my PC from within Windows and chose to have it erase everything and reinstall Windows 10. BitLocker was previously enabled, but was disabled during this step. Upon booting the computer, there is no Dell screen or anything, it just goes straight to the BitLocker...
  7. Unable to proceed past BitLocker recovery screen after PC reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Unable to format in the past

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to format in the past: exact instructions on transferring half of my D drive to my C drive - for formatting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-format-in-the-past/f03efbfb-0961-40dc-bb0b-5c03721d976b
  9. PC unable to start

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC unable to start: Hello, Yesterday my pc suddenly show black screen while working and unable to restart after that. when it try to restart it show a message "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. please change your input timing to 1920x1080, 60hz or any other...
  10. Windows 10 failing to start past recovery options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 failing to start past recovery options: HI Hope someone can help. My windows 10 disk just stopped working and will now only boot up as far as recovery options. I have tried all the recovery options available from reset to auto fix. It errors that it can't complete reset. Would love some advice on how to...