Windows 10: Unable to start print job, cannot change ports

Discus and support Unable to start print job, cannot change ports in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have two pc's, one lets call it computer 1 has an hp printer envy 5055 connected via usb to it, and another one computer 2 on the network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AloshaDavydenko, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Unable to start print job, cannot change ports

Hello

I have two pc's, one lets call it computer 1 has an hp printer envy 5055 connected via usb to it, and another one computer 2 on the network. Computer 1 can print and scan just fine. Computer 1 also shares the printer over the network to computer 2. I can see the printer in computer 2, and it comes up as "ready" but when I click print, I get a message "unable to start print job". I read up online that I should change the TCP/IP port, but when I go to try add a port, I get the following message:

Unable to start print job, cannot change ports 33220dd2-8b37-4086-9a43-8d0867336dfa?upload=true.png

What the heck? I am pretty lost as to what to do now. Please help. I tried installing the latest drivers, no dice. It appears in the network allright, it just doesn't start the print job worth a can of beans.

Thank you

:)

AloshaDavydenko, Apr 8, 2021
  2. ellary Win User

Print jobs stuck in print quese

My wife recently changed from Chrome to Firefox on her laptop. Afterward the system would hang whenever she tried to print something. I looked and it seems that jobs get stuck in the print queue after printing. There was a test page and another job. I was able to cancel the other job but the test page won't cancel. Restarting the print spool service resulted in the test page printing but remaining in the queue in printing status.

What should me next steps be?

ellary, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Tom-Con Win User
    Windows print problem. Every Time! Printer prints job, but on PC it still says "Printing" and no additional job will print.

This happens EVERY time.

It happens on two different printers on two different networks (at home and at work)....so it is a WINDOWS problem, not a PRINTER problem.

Send a job to the printer.

It completes and prints JUST FINE. All is well.

THEN==>>

In the printer window for that printer, it continues to say "Printing" (forever!) even tho the job has successfully completed. If i highlight the job and "Delete" it, it says "Deleting"....forever. No other print job sent will print, as they are all blocked
    behind the job that has already successfully printed, and that cannot be manually deleted, either.

So, EVERY TIME the queue must be manually cleared out. The only way i can print another job is a 3-step process

• Go to Services, Stop print queue.
    • Go to PRINTERS folder, delete all files.
    • Go back to Services, and START print queue.

After those three steps, I can print again...exactly one print job...then it happens the same again for that job. Obviously this is a complete hassle.

I would like specific and definitive instructions not on how to now get WINDOWS to work "normally"...so that when a print job successfully prints and is done, the queue for that printer shows as empty, and so more print jobs can be sent.

If this were a very intermittent occasional problem it might be tolerable. But it happens EVERY TIME with EVERY PRINTER.

Help!

Tom-Con, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Unable to start print job, cannot change ports

Unable to perform print as the print job directly goes to the print queue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to print and the print job will directly goes to the print queue. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This could be due to the changes in the print settings and to assist you better, I would like to know the make and model of the printer.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click Printer.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, follow the below steps to clear the print queue:

1. Press Windows key +
    R, type services.msc and press
    Enter.

2. Scroll down to the Print Spooler service and
    right-click
    on it and select Stop. In order to do this, you need to be logged in asAdministrator.

3. Next you need to go to the following directory: C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS. Delete all the files in this folder. This will clear all print queues.

4. Now you can go back to the Services console and right-click
    and select Start for the Print Spooler
    service.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Unable to start print job, cannot change ports

1. Unable to start print job, cannot change ports - Similar Threads - Unable start print

2. cannot start print job error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot start print job error: hello,i am having trouble with a label printer, which works on my desktop windows 10 computer, however i need it to function on the tablet in my workshop.the tablet is a lenovo mixx 320label printer is a brother QL570software is P-touch editor.everytime i go to print a label...
  3. cannot start print job error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot start print job error: hello,i am having trouble with a label printer, which works on my desktop windows 10 computer, however i need it to function on the tablet in my workshop.the tablet is a lenovo mixx 320label printer is a brother QL570software is P-touch editor.everytime i go to print a label...
  4. cannot start print job error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. old print job overlaying all new print jobs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old print job overlaying all new print jobs: I'm using a canon printer, connected with usb to my main computer PC running Windows 11 Home. Also have a laptop that connects to the printer via wifi. Previously a very long print job was printed from the laptop. Now every new print job from either computer gets the original...
  6. old print job overlaying all new print jobs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    old print job overlaying all new print jobs: I'm using a canon printer, connected with usb to my main computer PC running Windows 11 Home. Also have a laptop that connects to the printer via wifi. Previously a very long print job was printed from the laptop. Now every new print job from either computer gets the original...
  7. Unable to create print job

Unable to create print job: I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. So, we inherited a contract from another company where we will take over support of point of sale units that are spread out over a large geographical area. We normally prepare a reference unit for that contract so that we can...
  8. Print Job Disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Job Disappearing: I followed all the recommended options for helping my print job not disappear, but they continue to spool for a couple seconds then disappear...I am at my wits end. I know its not the printer because a test print works fine. I have windows 10...
  9. Unable to print after a windows 10 upgrade - 0x00000bbb Unable to create a print job

Unable to print after a windows 10 upgrade - 0x00000bbb Unable to create a print job: Hi! I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 a few days ago. I have a Canon MF8200C Series printer configured for use by this home pc. The printer is connected via ip (local lan). The printer worked fine on Windows 7 for years. After upgrading the pc to Windows 10,...
  10. Cannot start print job

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot start print job: I can't get the calendar to print out. It has a message saying "Cannot start print job". I finally did get it to print but it only printed a few squares, not the entire calendar. I'm about ready to pull out my hair in frustration.....