Windows 10: Unable to start ServiceManager, CMD, TaskManager etc

Discus and support Unable to start ServiceManager, CMD, TaskManager etc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I was getting the following error while starting UBUNTU on my Windows-10 machine: Installing, this may take a few minutes...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AvinashSingh77, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Unable to start ServiceManager, CMD, TaskManager etc

Hi,

I was getting the following error while starting UBUNTU on my Windows-10 machine:

Installing, this may take a few minutes...

WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80080005Error: 0x80080005 Server execution failed

To fix this, I did the following:

1: Added following to the registry:

"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LxssManager] "Start"=dword:2

2: Changed as follows in Services-->Credential Manager:

Stopped It.

Changed 'Startup Type' to 'Automatic'

Started It.

Now after I restarted my machine, I cant open most of the system tools like Task Manager, CMD, PowerShellas Admin etc.

I can even open "Credential Manager Properties" from "Service Manager" so that I can revert changes I did in 1.

I will really appreciate a quick help for the resolution of this issue.

:)

AvinashSingh77, Feb 2, 2020

2. ms store and taskmanager

Hi,

I would like to know if you're still having this issue with MS Store and Taskmanager. In line with this, kindly provide the following information:

• What is the error message when running MS Store and Taskmanager?
    • Were there any changes made before this issue came up?
    • What is the build and version of your Windows 10? To find out which version of Windows your PC is running, press Windows logo key + R, type
      winver, then select OK.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

I'm looking forward to your response.

Melowin Mar, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Unable to start ServiceManager, CMD, TaskManager etc

run,cmd not opening

i opened my start menu and in that i opened windows system in which there is no run and cmd options only taskmanager is present hoe to re insall

run and cmd

SaiPraveenSahukari, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Unable to start ServiceManager, CMD, TaskManager etc

1. Unable to start ServiceManager, CMD, TaskManager etc - Similar Threads - Unable start ServiceManager

2. Explorer and cmd not starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer and cmd not starting: Explorer.exe doesn't start automatically.. I need to ctrl-alt-canc and start it manually. Once loaded, I try to run cmd.exe and nothing happens.. What can I do? submitted by /u/Putrid-Farter [link] [comments]...
  3. How to search for cmd in Start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to search for cmd in Start: I'm trying to solve a security issue, and Microsoft have told me to Click Start and search for cmd. How do I do this/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-search-for-cmd-in-start/6a51df54-a50b-4a4e-93ad-1c442e20fb0b"
  4. Unable to replace corrupt file in cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to replace corrupt file in cmd: I have been playing Apex Legends for a while now. But recently when I tried to run the game there was an error message saying "application could not start correctly 0xc0000142" followed by "untrusted system file:...
  5. Slow start up etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow start up etc: Slow sign in plus have to restart several times before I can get to startup page. Installed new drivers that were renewed but still have the problem with starting up. Can I get answers from this year and not from the past 3 or 4 , that didn't give me any answers that took...
  6. Windows 10 1709. No admin privilege CMD, Services etc.

Windows 10 1709. No admin privilege CMD, Services etc.: Hi this might be a small issue that I can't fix but after recent attempt to upgrade windows to version 1809 (Which I don't want by the by) I have lost control in CMD and Services.msc specifically preventing me from making any changes in windows update service or anything that...
  7. TaskManager starts at a somewhat high percent

TaskManager starts at a somewhat high percent: Recently i have restored my pc to factory settings while i was checking if everything when right i noticed at that opening the task manager took alot of cpu. After it open it when back to 25 percent cpu , is that normal ?[IMG]...
  8. Taskmanager problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskmanager problem: I tried to install Google Chrome but the installer closed after 3 seconds and from that moment, Task manager does not start without running him as administrator... I cant open him with CTRL+Shift+Esc , CTRL+ALT+DELETE or from System32 without administrator privileges. Its...
  9. Unable to open CMD.

Unable to open CMD.: Hello, I am experiencing some difficulty in opening CMD. When I clicked open or run as administrator, the CMD window pops-up and quickly disappear. Therefore, I cannot run any troubleshooting to solve Teredo network adapter for my PC....
  10. no access to 'start menu' etc

no access to 'start menu' etc: im on insider preview of windows home - build 17692.rs_prerelease_flt.180625-1624 i have lost access to start menu and the notifications shortcut. when i attempt to run programs i receive error messages. i have lost quite a bit of functionality on my system (including...