Windows 10: Unable To Start The Windows Time Service

Discus and support Unable To Start The Windows Time Service in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to synchronise my clock with the online server but got the error "Time Synchronization Failed." [ATTACH]I tried to find a solution on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JOASHJESHURUN, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Unable To Start The Windows Time Service

I tried to synchronise my clock with the online server but got the error "Time Synchronization Failed."

Unable To Start The Windows Time Service 104624e3-0763-40d3-a3b2-b162e69f5552?upload=true.png I tried to find a solution on the internet, and got an information to start the Windows time service. But, I'm not able to start or stop the time service through the services.msc or even through the command prompt.

Unable To Start The Windows Time Service 3b75ba9a-7680-48f6-860e-25bcf646b64c?upload=true.png

:)

JOASHJESHURUN, Aug 29, 2020

2. unable to start the Windows time service on Windows 10

Hi Enriq,

As you are facing issue with starting the Windows Time Service, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to turn on the service?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to Restart Windows Time Service and check if it helps.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the Windows Time Service for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 29, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

OK. I am not sure if you can complete the steps below.......................
    In the search box, type services.msc > Enter
    Items in the Services box are listed alphabetically.
    Scroll down to Windows Defender Service...........................
    at Status heading, it should be.................................... Running
    at Startup type, it should be......................................... Automatic

Unable To Start The Windows Time Service [​IMG]

If that is not what yours said, right click at Windows Defender Service > click Properties >
    can you change the Startup type to Automatic and Service status to Start ?
    If yes, do so and click OK when done.

davidhk, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Unable To Start The Windows Time Service

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable To Start The Windows Time Service

1. Unable To Start The Windows Time Service - Similar Threads - Unable Start Service

2. Unable to start windows update service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to start windows update service: After my Windows 10 1909 stopped working I was forced to install Windows 11. But the requirements did not match. So I made some modifications and bypassed the requirements and installed Windows 11. Everything was working fine. But after some days I tried to install WhatsApp...
  3. Unable to start windows update service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to start windows update service: After my Windows 10 1909 stopped working I was forced to install Windows 11. But the requirements did not match. So I made some modifications and bypassed the requirements and installed Windows 11. Everything was working fine. But after some days I tried to install WhatsApp...
  4. Unable to install windows Time Service on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install windows Time Service on Windows 10: I'm currently unable to sincronize my time settings automatically on my windows 10 OS, and for what I found the reason is that I don't have the Windows Time Services installed on my new PC.I already tried installing it via CMD Prompt by writing w32tm /registerit was...
  5. Unable to install windows Time Service on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install windows Time Service on Windows 10: I'm currently unable to sincronize my time settings automatically on my windows 10 OS, and for what I found the reason is that I don't have the Windows Time Services installed on my new PC.I already tried installing it via CMD Prompt by writing w32tm /registerit was...
  6. Windows Defender Service unable to start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Service unable to start: Enabled the Group Policy on Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows DefenderTurn off Windows Defender = EnabledChange the registry value of windefend Start value for service to 0x4 hex 4, decimal 4....
  7. Unable to start Windows Defender Service

Unable to start Windows Defender Service: Hello guys. Recently I have been getting Windows Defender errors that say the service couldn't be started.[ATTACH]And this error is very annoying since this is my only Anti-Virus on my laptop and I don't feel like getting another Anti-Virus. Please help me...
  8. Unable to start Windows Defender service

Unable to start Windows Defender service: My Defender service has stopped working. Description of behaviour is below. In the security settings, it says the service has stopped. There is a button to restart but clicking it returns an error message. Unexpected error, it appears there is a problem, try again later :...
  9. Unable to start Windows Defender service

Unable to start Windows Defender service: My Defender service has stopped working. Description of behaviour is below. In the security settings, it says the service has stopped. There is a button to restart but clicking it returns an error message. Unexpected error, it appears there is a problem, try again later :...
  10. Unable to Re-Start Windows Defender Services

Unable to Re-Start Windows Defender Services: A little background first, I downloaded a file and started to install it when Defender caught the virus, but didn't contain it. So I downloaded Malwarebytes to scan and remove the virus. After I loaded Malwarebytes I noticed I wasn't getting anymore Windows Defender...